Any feedback about sun devil or their products?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Any feedback about sun devil or their products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 05:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Any feedback about sun devil or their products?

Positive or negative

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-12-2011, 07:29 AM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I can't offer any first hand knowledge, but all I've ever heard about Sun Devil has been good.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I'm not sure but I think Quentin Defense makes the Sundevil billet receivers. I have a QD receiver set and like it a lot. They do good work and have some innovative things incorporated into their lowers like a set screw bolt release pin. They even made a run of special run of receivers for a group I'm a part of.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #4

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1003

Nah, we don't make their stuff... J/K, I'm not in any way affiliated with Quentin Defense but Sun Devil does claim to make their receivers from raw billets so I doubt QD has much to do with Sun Devil other than that they're in adjoining cities - Gilbert and Mesa AZ. Either company makes nice stuff so look at both as they are comparable in features and styling.

I do have an 80% Sun Devil lower and can say the manufacturing quality is excellent. Some day I need to hog out the magwell and trigger area and finish the darn thing.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:44 PM   #5

Default Facebook Page

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sun-Devil-MFG/108290082558054

Old 11-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I just finished my first build and used Sun Devil upper and lower. I have no complaints with either one. Not only do they look good the price is hard to beat. When I picked up mine I think I paid $300 for upper and lower. I couldnt find any other billet sets for that price. The set screw idea is great but honestly the two fit with little play at all. I would recomend Sun Devil to anyone based off of my experience, but my experience is limited to just that. Their rollmark isnt bad either.

http://colemantyler.com/products.php?cat=122

No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave.

Last edited by Kwaynebb; 11-17-2011 at 06:35 PM. Reason: link