Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   AR-15 Discussion (
-   -   Any feedback about sun devil or their products? (

Hypercruiser 11-12-2011 05:25 AM

Any feedback about sun devil or their products?
Positive or negative

russ 11-12-2011 07:29 AM

I can't offer any first hand knowledge, but all I've ever heard about Sun Devil has been good.

mjkeat 11-12-2011 01:57 PM

I'm not sure but I think Quentin Defense makes the Sundevil billet receivers. I have a QD receiver set and like it a lot. They do good work and have some innovative things incorporated into their lowers like a set screw bolt release pin. They even made a run of special run of receivers for a group I'm a part of.

Quentin 11-12-2011 05:25 PM

Nah, we don't make their stuff... :p J/K, I'm not in any way affiliated with Quentin Defense but Sun Devil does claim to make their receivers from raw billets so I doubt QD has much to do with Sun Devil other than that they're in adjoining cities - Gilbert and Mesa AZ. Either company makes nice stuff so look at both as they are comparable in features and styling.

I do have an 80% Sun Devil lower and can say the manufacturing quality is excellent. Some day I need to hog out the magwell and trigger area and finish the darn thing.

Hypercruiser 11-13-2011 01:44 PM

Facebook Page!/pages/Sun-Devil-MFG/108290082558054

Kwaynebb 11-17-2011 06:34 PM

I just finished my first build and used Sun Devil upper and lower. I have no complaints with either one. Not only do they look good the price is hard to beat. When I picked up mine I think I paid $300 for upper and lower. I couldnt find any other billet sets for that price. The set screw idea is great but honestly the two fit with little play at all. I would recomend Sun Devil to anyone based off of my experience, but my experience is limited to just that. Their rollmark isnt bad either.