Any experience ?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Any experience ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts

Default Any experience ?

Anyone heard of this or have any experience? Good/bad/or otherwise

http://www.gunmold.com

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #2

Liked 838 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 1735

Default Careful...

This is just me, but I'm distrustful of anybody (or comapny..) that might be taking advantage of a panic... and that is all the last year has been!!
Especially at $300 for a mold only. You know you can get a complete poly lower for half that; http://www.classicfirearms.com/long-guns/omegae3reccomplete and a stripped alloy lower for less than $100; http://www.classicfirearms.com/long-guns/deltonarlowerstripped
...and while I admittedly don't know the ammo situation in your particular area.. We've had plenty of .223 and 5.56 (and shotgun galore) for the past 3 months at the local retailers.

Old 12-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #3
For unto us a child is born..
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1897 Times on 1053 Posts
Likes Given: 5713

I think it is a great idea.
Shows some though and motivation by some enterprising folks.

Cost may come down if there is volume or competition.

Anything like this is a plus in my book.

Now, I'll temper my enthusiasm until I can read some reviews.

If this results in safe usable and affordable (after a run of 3 or more) receivers I'll keep my thumb up.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #4

Liked 401 Times on 303 Posts
Likes Given: 552

Interesting idea. Keep us all posted about how it works if you try it.

I'm assuming you'll still need to drill pin holes and do a little finish work before it usable. Couldn't be any worse than the new frontier lowers were...

"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!

Last edited by dwmiller; 12-15-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #5

I'm not trying it. For $300 I'll pick up 3 spikes or another Noveske gen2 lower. I do like the idea because I live in NY and they're banning everything. From what I've read the mold has all the pin holes and everything in place. I was wondering if anyone had any reviews on it?

Old 12-17-2013, 04:53 AM   #6

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 17

If I was wanting to stock up on rifles, I'd probably just buy aluminum lowers.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #7
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3113 Times on 1788 Posts
Likes Given: 1325

No FFL required?
That is true until you try to sell one.

For you own use, there is not FFL required. So how many are you going to make?
Blemished lowers can be had for $55 today, so to get the savings, you have to pour at least 5 (which you cannot sell without an FFL).

And because you are manufacturing, the Type 7 FFL license would be required.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Firearms_License

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Last edited by danf_fl; 12-17-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #8

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jord1985
I'm not trying it. For $300 I'll pick up 3 spikes or another Noveske gen2 lower. I do like the idea because I live in NY and they're banning everything. From what I've read the mold has all the pin holes and everything in place. I was wondering if anyone had any reviews on it?
If you live in ny then how are you going to get a hold of new lowers? I heard a while ago that the state didn't know how to classify a lower since it is possible now to build one up safe act compliant.. Lmk if you have new details

Old 12-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2161 Times on 1485 Posts
Likes Given: 804

Not only is the mold and plastic expensive you can only use the silicone mold 3 times. If one knew enough about polymers to do their own quality control they wouldn't need the mold. They would just contact a tool and die maker to build a durable product.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Old 12-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1
If you live in ny then how are you going to get a hold of new lowers? I heard a while ago that the state didn't know how to classify a lower since it is possible now to build one up safe act compliant.. Lmk if you have new details

Because the geniuses who drafted our wonderful new regulations aka the safe act, better known as the Unsafe act only attacked "evil" features like that devilish pistol grip. You can still get a stripped lower because it is by definition stripped- no pistol grip, no problem man. You can also still get unconverted saiga AK pattern rifles as long as its got the old school rifle stock. My advise? Buy what you can before the libturds figure out a way to ban any and all versions of semi autos. Your profile says bellmore, I was in south shore sportsman the other day they had stripped stag lowers for $165.

Now can someone explain to me why the top one is fine but the bottom is not? Both are 762x39 ... Cuomo can suck my ****

image-3086384218.jpg