Any AR Owners In/Near Miami,FL?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Any AR Owners In/Near Miami,FL?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Any AR Owners In/Near Miami,FL?

Hey there again forum! Just curious - how many of you are located in or around the South Florida area?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #2

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Born and raised in Opa-Locka but I just go there to visit the family now. I couldn't and wouldn't live in S Fla if someone paid me.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #3

Lol yeah, I feel you. Miami isn't my favorite place in the world either -__-

Old 02-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #4

Liked 270 Times on 212 Posts
Likes Given: 27

hum , well, if you speak the cuban veriation of the spanish language you will find more semi auto and full auto shooters than you can imagine. Visit a range and see what you find out. I grew up in Naples and when I wanted a quick deer we would go to an area called the south blocks. The cuban guys use to show up in large groups and they all hard military based rifles. semi and full auto. That was 30 years ago. Doubt they sold them.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
hum , well, if you speak the cuban veriation of the spanish language you will find more semi auto and full auto shooters than you can imagine. Visit a range and see what you find out. I grew up in Naples and when I wanted a quick deer we would go to an area called the south blocks. The cuban guys use to show up in large groups and they all hard military based rifles. semi and full auto. That was 30 years ago. Doubt they sold them.
Lol I do speak "Cuban" but I'm not a "Chongo" (male version of "Chonga.")

I'm building a target rifle. No hunting for me! =P

This AR that I'm building will actually be my first semi-auto firearm I'll use. As it turns out, my favorite firearm to shoot to date has been a 30-30 lever-action!

Old 02-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #6

Try to vistit a few gun shops and see if there some groups to get in with. Back in my day down there there were many guys that were part of the groups hopeing they would get back to cuba and many had the para military mind set. Sure there kids are still shooting pops toys and building /buying there own. Luck you can talk with them,I never could pick up a second lanugage. Good luck with your rifle build. What barrel you looking to buy. Lower cost but very accurate would be wilson arms SS airguaged barrel. Seen more than a few RRA varments shooting control groups under 3/8" with a federal match ammo, 69gr match king ammo. I am found of kreiger but cost is high. Go look around 6mmbrforum if you find you need any twist rates and ammo info. good luck.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
Try to vistit a few gun shops and see if there some groups to get in with. Back in my day down there there were many guys that were part of the groups hopeing they would get back to cuba and many had the para military mind set. Sure there kids are still shooting pops toys and building /buying there own. Luck you can talk with them,I never could pick up a second lanugage. Good luck with your rifle build. What barrel you looking to buy. Lower cost but very accurate would be wilson arms SS airguaged barrel. Seen more than a few RRA varments shooting control groups under 3/8" with a federal match ammo, 69gr match king ammo. I am found of kreiger but cost is high. Go look around 6mmbrforum if you find you need any twist rates and ammo info. good luck.
Thanks for the suggestions! I was looking at a Wilson barrel - liked what I saw! I also saw Blackhole Weaponry's barrels and was really impressed by their prices. Im looking for a .223 wylde chambered 20" threaded barrel with a 1-7" or 1-8" twist.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #8

The one thing about wilson arms is thats what they do -barrels. No getting carried away with other parts there. Now you will have to get that barrel from someone like RRA that uses them are buying a complete upper from rra.

lathar walther makes most of the one barrels with many being to the sellers specs or atleast suppies gunsmith blanks but buying direct is costlier than buying from RRA. Might just depend on what they have in stock that you want or how long you can weight..