Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Anti walk trigger pins (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/anti-walk-trigger-pins-53731/)

dragunovsks 12-17-2011 02:14 PM

Anti walk trigger pins

I was in a local gunshop yesterday and the owner suggested i get anti walk trigger pins for my ar and explained why. The kit is 35 bucks and he said he would install them while showing me how. Im also thinking of getting the CMMG 2 stage trigger.

Anybody have either? If so do you like them?

JonM 12-17-2011 02:27 PM

Ive got 3 ar15s my wife has one and ive never had the pins move at all. During my time in the army as an armourer i never saw a single instance of a m16 pin wiggle out during firing.

If your reciever is in spec your using the proper recoil spring and buffer and a lpk with parts in spec anti walk pins arent needed in my opinion.

dragunovsks 12-17-2011 03:13 PM

Ok, thanx. Do you think throwing a 2 stage trigger with 3.5 trigger pull into it would cause walking pins?

Quentin 12-17-2011 06:45 PM

No, not at all on a properly forged lower. Don't let the guy talk you in to wasting money on this, millions of AR-15/M16/M4 rifles don't need them. If pins walk out something is out of spec. I would be careful of this guy's advice too.

mjkeat 12-17-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 654372)
No, not at all on a properly forged lower. Don't let the guy talk you in to wasting money on this, millions of AR-15/M16/M4 rifles don't need them. If pins walk out something is out of spec. I would be careful of this guy's advice too.

I agree w/ this guy :)

AgentTikki 12-17-2011 08:16 PM

People state that they've had pins walk on them..... The only time I've ever heard anyone recommend them is if you shoot full auto or if you have a really old receiver, or have changed out your trigger soo many times that the holes for the pins are no longer in spec.

Some people say get them for the little added insurance. Geissele says don't use them with their triggers, the KNS pins' tolerances aren't great and they are uneeded.

I don't use them. Haven't had one walk on me in ever in the thousands and thousands of rounds I've put through any of my ARs, with milspec triggers, or aftermarket. Even when I was being doing my own half assed trigger jobs, and changing them out every week.

GunNut 12-17-2011 10:26 PM

Put them in my AR's but only because they look tacticool. If they were required the military would have them as standard equipment and since they do not I assumed they were cosmetic.

dragunovsks 12-18-2011 03:00 AM

Thanx for the advice guys. He did say that the pins would be more likely to walk out if i did alot of rapid or bump firing or if i changed out the trigger. I figured if it was that big of a function problem i wouldve heard about it by now.