Another AR - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Another AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
The 50 recoil isn't too bad. Buddy's dad bought one when in Iraq and we shot it when he got back. Kicks like a 12 gauge with slugs
I own one and even as 220lb guy rarely shoot more than 15 rds per outing and its primarily not due to cost (tho its factor).

the first 2 rounds dont seem to bad.
but empty out a magazine or two in rapid fire and your should will be black and blue . at least w/o a pad.

I still keep and value the gun because it can do things none of my other guns can.
But for a magazine fed rifle thats capable of fairly rapid fire the recoil is simply not manageable for women, children, teenagers.

even tho is not terribly practical it is my most fun rifle though

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix

Old 10-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
I've looked at the tactilite stuff before and I admit they are different. Whats 50 cal. rounds going for now? $4, $5 a pop? Wait, I don't think pop is the proper term for a .50. I'm kinda looking at the 6.5 Grendel at the moment. There are some VLD pills out there in 6.5. Decisions, decisions. Going to the mountains in the morning for a week. Me and a glass of bourbon and coke are going to have to do some more research.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 10-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 776 Times on 517 Posts
Likes Given: 49

I have a 6.8 spc and it's fun to shoot and heavy enough to knock down a nice size hog. I would say either 6.8, 6.5 gren, 300 AAC, or 5.7(50 round mags ftw)

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #14

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post
I've looked at the tactilite stuff before and I admit they are different. Whats 50 cal. rounds going for now? $4, $5 a pop? Wait, I don't think pop is the proper term for a .50. I'm kinda looking at the 6.5 Grendel at the moment. There are some VLD pills out there in 6.5. Decisions, decisions. Going to the mountains in the morning for a week. Me and a glass of bourbon and coke are going to have to do some more research.
The 6.5 is a do it all cartridge really. Ammo is not cheap but what ammo is any more . The 6.5 will really reach out there also ,its easily a 1000 yard cartridge and will thump anything with massive amounts of shock . I would like a .458 or .50 Beo but with limited range I keep pushing it away . However there nothing like it for stopping a car or truck dead in its tracks

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens
string1946 Likes This 
Old 10-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2443 Times on 1706 Posts
Likes Given: 1244

Quote:
The 6.5 is a do it all cartridge really. Ammo is not cheap but what ammo is any more . The 6.5 will really reach out there also ,its easily a 1000 yard cartridge and will thump anything with massive amounts of shock . I would like a .458 or .50 Beo but with limited range I keep pushing it away . However there nothing like it for stopping a car or truck dead in its tracks
for hunting or sports also 6.8 It is about $1 a pop factory not too bad for today.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 776 Times on 517 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Box of remmy 6.8 at academy is $17.98 I love mine it is accurate and packs a punch

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

Old 10-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I'm really leaning hard toward the 6.5 unless something else catches my eye before I can round up the green. I like the idea of a .50 but now that I think about it, its been months since I needed to shoot a truck.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Old 10-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Now I need to think about barrel length. I think I want at least 20". Not sure how much advantage going to 24" would be if any.