Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Ammo coming back

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 04:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ammo coming back

The last two days I've picked up 240 rounds of 5.56 at two local walmarts. Anyone else having luck? Took this picture at Walmart today.

image-3913517416.jpg

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-04-2013, 04:43 AM   #2

Liked 948 Times on 671 Posts
Likes Given: 940

I picked up 6 boxes of that last week. Our Walmart had a limit of three boxes. Only saw it out for a couple hours, it went fast and haven't seen it since. Good ammo, I hope they keep getting it.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:53 AM   #3

Walmarts around here do the three box limit as well. I took advantage of the opportunity and set my brother and girlfriend to grab me some boxes too. And surprisingly the picture above is from the morning after I bought it and people are always at Walmart waiting before its put on the shelves. I see this as a good sign.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #4
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 881 Times on 587 Posts
Likes Given: 224

The reselling tards are beginning to fail at resale, thank goodness, and the horders have run out of money, ambition or storage space.

In a couple months, the limit three signs should come down. That is, unless another school shooting, or more bombs go off.

Pray for peace.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
The reselling tards are beginning to fail at resale, thank goodness, and the horders have run out of money, ambition or storage space.

In a couple months, the limit three signs should come down. That is, unless another school shooting, or more bombs go off.

Pray for peace.
All you have to do is search GB for .22 ammo and check some of the sellers, and you can see all the newbies that got on the GB bus to unload the ammo they bought at WM. Not a single auction relating to anything other than overpriced ammo.....

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 05-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I would agree that the 5.56 craze has lightened up a bit but the handgun ammo craze has not. Been trying to track down 9mm, .40 and .22lr for a range trip and it is non existent in stores and sells out in a matter of minutes online. The stuff I can find in stock is full retard pricing but on a good note I managed to snag a 500 rnd case of that Independence 5.56 from MidwayUSA last week . Now if the price of .223/5.56 could go back down to .30 cents a round or less, that would great

"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"

Old 05-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #7

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

No, no... The experts here told ya it'd be over in a few weeks, maybe a coupla months, when it got arid after Aurora. Then they said it again after the drought the election brought this nation. And yet again after Sandy Hook and its aftermath have us dying of thirst. It started in July and the latest was December...

This is the new normal for a while. You see ammo is plentiful and The Party of the Left is NOT antigun; they just want common sense gun control to stop gun violence. And reasonable people are OK with this whlist you other crazy people want children to be murdered. I see that in the news every day now as part of the four month advertising campaign talking points the DNC has launched...

And Independence brand? Seriously!?

Last edited by HockaLouis; 05-04-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
No, no... The experts here told ya it'd be over in a few weeks, maybe a coupla months, when it got arid after Aurora. Then they said it again again after the drought the election brought this nation. And yet again after Sandy Hook and its aftermath have us dying of thirst. It started in July and the latest was December...

This is the new normal for a while. You see ammo is plentiful and The Party of the Left is NOT antigun; they just want common sense gun control to stop gun violence. And reasonable people are OK with this whlist you other crazy people want children to be murdered. I see that in the news every day now as part of the four month advertising campaign talking points the DNC has launched...

And Independence brand? Seriously!?
Wow, calm down man haha, I'm sure a lot of that is sarcasm but geez. Yes Independence, its decently accurate and it goes bang which is good enough for me to shoot at the range.

"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

Old 05-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1036 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 554

Isn't Independence manufactured in Israel? I wonder how the prez's new exec order will affect its supply?

I've been finding Independence and PMC pretty regularly at my LGS.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawjr74 View Post
Isn't Independence manufactured in Israel? I wonder how the prez's new exec order will affect its supply?

I've been finding Independence and PMC pretty regularly at my LGS.
Yeah its reloaded in Israel and imported by Federal here in Anoka, MN. Not my first choice in ammunition but in this market I'll take what I can get.