Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Ammo coming back (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/ammo-coming-back-90060/)

lwhite 05-04-2013 04:06 AM

Ammo coming back

1 Attachment(s)
The last two days I've picked up 240 rounds of 5.56 at two local walmarts. Anyone else having luck? Took this picture at Walmart today.

Attachment 99325

Quentin 05-04-2013 04:43 AM

I picked up 6 boxes of that last week. Our Walmart had a limit of three boxes. Only saw it out for a couple hours, it went fast and haven't seen it since. Good ammo, I hope they keep getting it.

lwhite 05-04-2013 04:53 AM

Walmarts around here do the three box limit as well. I took advantage of the opportunity and set my brother and girlfriend to grab me some boxes too. And surprisingly the picture above is from the morning after I bought it and people are always at Walmart waiting before its put on the shelves. I see this as a good sign.

AR10 05-04-2013 07:46 AM

The reselling tards are beginning to fail at resale, thank goodness, and the horders have run out of money, ambition or storage space.

In a couple months, the limit three signs should come down. That is, unless another school shooting, or more bombs go off.

Pray for peace.

Westy 05-04-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR10 (Post 1236163)
The reselling tards are beginning to fail at resale, thank goodness, and the horders have run out of money, ambition or storage space.

In a couple months, the limit three signs should come down. That is, unless another school shooting, or more bombs go off.

Pray for peace.

All you have to do is search GB for .22 ammo and check some of the sellers, and you can see all the newbies that got on the GB bus to unload the ammo they bought at WM. Not a single auction relating to anything other than overpriced ammo.....

ZombieKiller83 05-04-2013 02:30 PM

I would agree that the 5.56 craze has lightened up a bit but the handgun ammo craze has not. Been trying to track down 9mm, .40 and .22lr for a range trip and it is non existent in stores and sells out in a matter of minutes online. The stuff I can find in stock is full retard pricing but on a good note I managed to snag a 500 rnd case of that Independence 5.56 from MidwayUSA last week :). Now if the price of .223/5.56 could go back down to .30 cents a round or less, that would great

HockaLouis 05-04-2013 02:49 PM

No, no... The experts here told ya it'd be over in a few weeks, maybe a coupla months, when it got arid after Aurora. Then they said it again after the drought the election brought this nation. And yet again after Sandy Hook and its aftermath have us dying of thirst. It started in July and the latest was December...

This is the new normal for a while. You see ammo is plentiful and The Party of the Left is NOT antigun; they just want common sense gun control to stop gun violence. And reasonable people are OK with this whlist you other crazy people want children to be murdered. I see that in the news every day now as part of the four month advertising campaign talking points the DNC has launched...

And Independence brand? Seriously!?

ZombieKiller83 05-04-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockaLouis (Post 1236349)
No, no... The experts here told ya it'd be over in a few weeks, maybe a coupla months, when it got arid after Aurora. Then they said it again again after the drought the election brought this nation. And yet again after Sandy Hook and its aftermath have us dying of thirst. It started in July and the latest was December...

This is the new normal for a while. You see ammo is plentiful and The Party of the Left is NOT antigun; they just want common sense gun control to stop gun violence. And reasonable people are OK with this whlist you other crazy people want children to be murdered. I see that in the news every day now as part of the four month advertising campaign talking points the DNC has launched...

And Independence brand? Seriously!?

Wow, calm down man haha, I'm sure a lot of that is sarcasm but geez. Yes Independence, its decently accurate and it goes bang which is good enough for me to shoot at the range.

pawjr74 05-04-2013 04:41 PM

Isn't Independence manufactured in Israel? I wonder how the prez's new exec order will affect its supply?

I've been finding Independence and PMC pretty regularly at my LGS.

ZombieKiller83 05-04-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawjr74 (Post 1236471)
Isn't Independence manufactured in Israel? I wonder how the prez's new exec order will affect its supply?

I've been finding Independence and PMC pretty regularly at my LGS.

Yeah its reloaded in Israel and imported by Federal here in Anoka, MN. Not my first choice in ammunition but in this market I'll take what I can get.