Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   AR-15 Discussion (
-   -   AMFCO Are they all they seem? (

ThexDarkxCrow 02-09-2012 04:27 AM

AMFCO Are they all they seem?
Recently got in touch with the head of American Firearms Manufacturing Company and had an opportunity to hear his personal opinion on his products and the direction his company was taking. I have been considering purchasing an AR for quite a while (instead of shooting my friends rifle all the time) and am curious if they seem like a good company. I prefer to buy from small Businesses and local is always a plus, however I am willing to go out of my way for something that will give me more value for my dollar. Ideas?

mjkeat 02-09-2012 04:56 AM

Never heard of them. Do you have a link? I shy away from going w/ unknown places. We have a guy on this forum who got screwed over royally. The same guy swindled a lot of people and ended up loosing his FFL.

ThexDarkxCrow 02-09-2012 02:13 PM

This guy is from my town and he's got a factory setup in the industrial depot down the road. Pretty good guy from what I've observed.

mjkeat 02-09-2012 04:34 PM

Are those really his prices? You can get a Daniel Defense w/ free floated quad rail plus other high quality equipment on it from the factory for the price of his carbine length base models.