American Tactical Gas Piston AR15 Atlantic Firearms
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > American Tactical Gas Piston AR15 Atlantic Firearms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 02:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default American Tactical Gas Piston AR15 Atlantic Firearms

Ok, So now Im looking at ARs and after my excellent experance with Atlantic thats where I plan to go back to. I dont want so spend more than $900. I like the idea of the gas pistol and also the overall features and look of this rifle. So what does everything think?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-09-2012, 02:11 AM   #2

Liked 1067 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 1063

Got specs? You knew that was coming, right?

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:03 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Being the ass some seem to think I am as of late I'll speak on this w/o knowing specs. Q you're just to damn nice

Looks like something I wouldn't want. Looks like the best thing about it is the possible Magpul grip. What's up w/ the muzzle device? I'm always a little stand off-ish when they don't include specs in a description.

I tried but couldn't find anything on American Tactical.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-09-2012, 06:57 AM   #4

Liked 1067 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 1063

I tend to agree with you MJ, I am a nice guy!

Seriously, I agree, even without specs it doesn't look like a quality rifle. A lot of things in the picture that I don't care for and a quick google search didn't turn up much except piston conversion kits which makes me think this is a cheap rifle with a kit slapped on.

Frank, I'd say prove us wrong with links to impressive specs. I didn't bother to click on the google hits.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #5

Liked 237 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 342

Quote:
I tend to agree with you MJ, I am a nice guy!

Seriously, I agree, even without specs it doesn't look like a quality rifle. A lot of things in the picture that I don't care for and a quick google search didn't turn up much except piston conversion kits which makes me think this is a cheap rifle with a kit slapped on.

Frank, I'd say prove us wrong with links to impressive specs. I didn't bother to click on the google hits.
At the risk of agreeing with someone, which I haven't done to much of late, Q is right. Piston system looks like Adams Arms kit or something similar.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Per the description on Atlantic it is an Adams Arms kit.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Per the description on Atlantic it is an Adams Arms kit.
Thought it might be. I just didn't take time to google the sight. Might be an ok rifle, but the pistons don't impress me as much as they use to. After having built a few rifles, I have come to the conclusion that most of the bad AR's/M16's were built by someone who didn't give a f*** , which p***es people off and prejudices them against DI's altogether. Just looking at the rifle, it looks like another A3 knockoff someone slapped a piston on to give the appearance of reliability.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #8

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Looks like a Huldra Arms gun... Huldra Arms - Gas Piston Rifles

Old 01-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
Looks like a Huldra Arms gun... Huldra Arms - Gas Piston Rifles
Another piston gun. Great. Nope, Adams Arms. See the rest of the thread.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:33 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1253 Times on 704 Posts
Likes Given: 527

I own a Huldra piston and I see some differences between mine and the picture above. My Huldra's gas block is pinned and has a standard flash hider.

But I also shoot a DPMS DI, so...