For all the "haters"......maybe some trolls too - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > For all the "haters"......maybe some trolls too

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3120 Times on 1865 Posts
Likes Given: 2159

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
Just picked up my Bushmaster Carbon 15. Considering the availability and price gouging going on, I am happy with the deal i got.

Yes, i have read all the reviews on the carbon 15 platform ...good as well as bad. It seems at least %90-95 of all bad reports were from people who do not own one.
This is my first Ar type rifle and will mostly be used as a range gun.....secondary HD also(of course).

I will update with a range trip review when i get a chance to get out.

Any tips or helpful feedback would be appreciated. And yes I expect some negatives from the hardcore AR guys.
congrats on the rifle.

haters will be haters.

but i know how you feel. i'm a mini 14 owner here. if i had nickel for every time i heard "mini's can't shoot, mini's are crap" from posters who next admit they never owned one.....well, my mini woulda been paid in full....

but i soon discovered by first hand experience, the mini is an awesome gun.

if you enjoy your rifle, that is all that matters. congrats!
Old 03-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #22

Liked 392 Times on 254 Posts
Likes Given: 1406

Enjoy your rifle.
It has a tremendous amount of capability

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

EVERY DAY MEN WHO WILL FOLLOW ORDERS TO KILL YOU, EXERCISE. DO YOU?

Old 03-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #23

Liked 287 Times on 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

IIRC, i think Bushmaster also has it as a PDF file on their website.
I have downloaded the pdf and it does not have any of the newer models. I will have to call on Monday to see if they have updated manuals. I'm not too concerned about it. I have done quite a bit of research on them .....
The only real difference I have found is the threads on the upper reciever / barrel nut are not the same as mil spec or any other ARs

Old 03-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #24

Liked 287 Times on 193 Posts

Range report.
First time out yesterday and i thought it ran great. Shot both Remington brass and Tula without a single problem.
I do feel kind of limited with the red dot. Its hard enough for these eyes to see at 100yds to begin with but it was still as accurate as i would allow it.
Still getting used to the cartridge. It is awesome for what it is but im used to 7.62x39 and 54. I like seeing water jugs explode.

forumrunner_20130311_145630.jpg

Sighting it at 50yds

forumrunner_20130311_145710.jpg
Old eyes with red dot at 100yds

forumrunner_20130311_145827.jpg

My 10yo spotter

Old 03-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #25

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy

congrats on the rifle.

haters will be haters.

but i know how you feel. i'm a mini 14 owner here. if i had nickel for every time i heard "mini's can't shoot, mini's are crap" from posters who next admit they never owned one.....well, my mini woulda been paid in full....

but i soon discovered by first hand experience, the mini is an awesome gun.

if you enjoy your rifle, that is all that matters. congrats!
Ok somebody's got to flame somebody here this is boring! I bought a Mini 14 wouldn't eject and FTF when I did get it to fire if I shot a 4MoA at 100 I was doing good. Some say I got a bad one ,Ruger said try different ammo John said, that's me , sell it and buy an Ar so I did. . I wish I would of been into reloading when I had it to see what they are capable of but my Ar's will out shoot a. Mini every time . I could of just had a bad one it was a tatical model . I always heard they were reliable just not for me. Peace

Old 03-12-2013, 06:41 AM   #26
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderribbs View Post
Ok somebody's got to flame somebody here this is boring! I bought a Mini 14 wouldn't eject and FTF when I did get it to fire if I shot a 4MoA at 100 I was doing good. Some say I got a bad one ,Ruger said try different ammo John said, that's me , sell it and buy an Ar so I did. . I wish I would of been into reloading when I had it to see what they are capable of but my Ar's will out shoot a. Mini every time . I could of just had a bad one it was a tatical model . I always heard they were reliable just not for me. Peace
IIRC, some of the older models had some problems with accuracy, and possibly reliability. All of those problems are supposed to be gone in the newer models. If yours was a newer model, I'd say it was a defective gun. I've heard almost nothing but good about the new ones.