All ar-15's look the same

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > All ar-15's look the same

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 04:28 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default All ar-15's look the same

Their all black (well most)
There's three types
CQB
"The "s" word orshall i say sniper!
Or fixed carry handle ones

Ar's arent all that exciting for me they are pretty genaric nowadays

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-07-2011, 04:34 AM   #2

Liked 763 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 461

Huh? Stating that all ARs look the same is like saying all cars look the same because they have 4 tires...makes no sense at all. You don't like them...fine, why not keep it to yourself unless you're just cruising to start a ruckus.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-07-2011, 04:37 AM   #3

I wasn't trying to start anything i was just wondering on everyone elses opinion on them looking the same (or not)
So I see you get really defensive over it.

Im sorry...didn't mean to offend anyone..

Old 12-07-2011, 04:42 AM   #4

Liked 763 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 461

I'm not offended...as I stated you are 100% entitled to your opinion. There has just been a lot of drive-by instigating lately, many of which just drop a few lines to bait members into a fight...was just pointing that out.

No harm, no foul...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-07-2011, 04:46 AM   #5

Im guessing the people that are doing the instigating are brand new members that don't seem to have Anything better to do

Old 12-07-2011, 04:52 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

I don't think they all look the same.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:54 AM   #7

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

You could try asking a question instead of making a semi loaded statement if you looking for opinions. I'm not offended myself.

I have to point out though, that they look the same because they all basically ARE the same. There are different variants and different options, nowadays there are even different operating systems. But the platform itself is pretty much the same concept with all of them.

Much the same way that ALL bolt actions have very strong similarities. As do all pump shotguns, all break action shotguns, all revolvers, all semi auto pistols have similarities, you see where I'm going with this?

You want something truly unique and original? Good! We could use a shake up in firearms design, get to work!

Old 12-07-2011, 04:55 AM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagenodland View Post
Im guessing the people that are doing the instigating are brand new members that don't seem to have Anything better to do
Sounds like a good description of the OP.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-07-2011, 05:05 AM   #9

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Its also like saying all 1911s are the same. The AR15 and the 1911 are two platforms that can be treated as a blank slate.they start out as a basic platform but Everything can be changed out and customized.take a look at the AR15 picture thread,not everyone tricks them out the same.same platform but different furniture and accessories

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 12-07-2011, 05:13 AM   #10

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

And normally when you browse a particular forum its because you own the particular firearm or you are interested in the particular firearm. When you enter a forum about a particular firearm and post something negative about it,it seems like your being a troll and trying to instigate an argument

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis