Aimpoint micro T-1 or eotech 553? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Aimpoint micro T-1 or eotech 553?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 02:07 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I have a primary arms micro dot. It lost zero durin a carbine course I was taking. I now have an Aimpoint micro. Lesson learned. At least Primary arm's custokmer service was great and replaced the unit quickly and now I have a backup for my Aimpoint.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki
I have a primary arms micro dot. It lost zero durin a carbine course I was taking. I now have an Aimpoint micro. Lesson learned. At least Primary arm's custokmer service was great and replaced the unit quickly and now I have a backup for my Aimpoint.
Is it hard for you to find the dot during high action scenarios? A few people seem to think an eotech is easier to find on the fly...

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

Old 12-15-2011, 02:17 PM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke124 View Post
Is it hard for you to find the dot during high action scenarios? A few people seem to think an eotech is easier to find on the fly...

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\
I've never had a problem finding the dot w/ either.

I will say the RMR I purchased for one of my M&P9s is hard to find off the draw. In fact I'm thinking of selling it and sticking w/ iron sights.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-15-2011, 02:18 PM   #14
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1970 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Have any of you thought of or tried one of the Tijicon RX sights? No batteries.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 12-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Have any of you thought of or tried one of the Tijicon RX sights? No batteries.
No, it's just shy of 3x the weight of the Aimpoint micro.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-15-2011, 03:02 PM   #16

Quote:

get used to getting a consistent check weld, you will have no issue. Only time your do, is when you are shooting in non standard position, and then its usually less than a second to find it, I'd imagine irons would take substantially longer. Honestly, I do like the eotech reticle better, if only Aimpoint would make one similar. I'd trade 2 years of battery life for a circle dot

Old 12-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #17

Quote:

The people who say the EOTech is easier to find have either never used an Aimpoint, or are biased against Aimpoint. When you crank up the brightness on an Aimpoint, the dot gets so bright it'll hurt your eyes if you look at it for too long.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 12-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7 View Post
The people who say the EOTech is easier to find have either never used an Aimpoint, or are biased against Aimpoint. When you crank up the brightness on an Aimpoint, the dot gets so bright it'll hurt your eyes if you look at it for too long.

-Fred

lol You're right about that....like looking at the sun. I still remember first getting mine and turning it on to setting #1. I thought "Damn, my batteries dead or this thing doesn't work" same thing for 2 and 3. So I cranked my H-1 up to 12, DAYAMN its like looking at the sun

Old 12-15-2011, 08:33 PM   #19

Yeah, I don't have an Aimpoint, though I really want one, but the first time I shot my buddies AR with an H-1, I did the same thing. I had a spot in my vision for like 15 minutes after. I honestly don't see a reason for them to go so bright. Maybe for sunny days when there's snow on the ground, but I don't have that problem here in Florida.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 12-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #20

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Either work great, look cool, and are bright as hell. I may get another EoTech some day.

-John Ruskin

Quote: