Aimpoint H1 and LaRue Mount Questions
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Aimpoint H1 and LaRue Mount Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Aimpoint H1 and LaRue Mount Questions

I am going to be ordering an Aimpoint H1 with LaRue mount directly from LaRue later this week. I have a few questions. The 2moa and 4moa are the same price. Will the 2moa make for slower target acquisition at close range or is it such a small difference I won't notice? Someday I may add a magnifier so I'm thinking the 2moa would be better for that.

The next question has to do with astigmatism. I have a astigmatism but wear contacts to correct it. Will that reduce the blurry dot and is one size dot better for the astigmatism?

Final question is which mount. I have no experience with co witnessing. I understand this is more of a personal preference but am wondering if there is some sort of guideline for choosing absolute over lower 1/3?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-06-2012, 12:32 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

2moa sounds like a great option.

Larue makes a lightweight mount. I'll get links once class is over.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-06-2012, 03:51 AM   #3

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Cowitnessing is a personal peference. I prefer lower 1/3. I think the size of ur head has to do with how comfortable you are with the check weld. My wife has a very sma.....petite noggin and prefers absolute. I have a big un I prefer lower 1/3.
The difference is pretty small either works for me.

4 moa will be faster to pickup. I have 2 4moa h1s and I think I'll pickup a 2 moa for banging steel 200+ yards.

I have an astgmatism too and lasik 10+ yrs ago, made using Eotechs difficult, the simple dot of the Aimpoint works for me much better but I need to turn the power down a lot.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:07 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-aimpoint-micro-mount.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-06-2012, 04:35 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. Thats the mount I was looking at. Will be placing my order later this week.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #6

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

BTW I went with a Knights Armament Mount. Aesthetically, I think its one of the best looking mounts, looks solid too. Its a little bit more expensive than the LaRue, and its a little bit heavier (just a little bit). But its adjustable height. It comes with 2 spacers, for a total of 3 different height settings. One setting are for HK rails, one setting for Standard AR flat top absolute and the last setting for Standard AR flat top lower 1/3.

Side note: If you are running a VLTOR CAS rail system, it will provide a lower 1/5 cowitness ( $@%@$#@&^%$!!!!!!) Best thing I found for my Vltor rail so far...

Old 03-18-2012, 03:56 AM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

So I ordered my 2 moa h1 and got a confirmation email stating it was on back order. I called and upgraded to the t-1 and it will be here Wednesday. I feel like a little kid on christmas waiting

Old 03-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyone
So I ordered my 2 moa h1 and got a confirmation email stating it was on back order. I called and upgraded to the t-1 and it will be here Wednesday. I feel like a little kid on christmas waiting
That's awesome. I really want one. Let us know what you think.

-John Ruskin

Quote: