Aimpoint or Eotech - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Aimpoint or Eotech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Battery life in an Aimpoint is measured in years.

Battery life in an Eotech is measured in hours.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 03-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #12

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
My all time favorite would be an H1 with EoTech reticle.
Ungh......... I just had a moment. +10000000000

Old 03-02-2012, 11:16 PM   #13
hmh

Liked 148 Times on 102 Posts

I was issued an aimpoint I bought an eotech. They are both great optics I choose the eotech mainly because of recital size 1 moa dot with 65 moa circle and I got the one that takes AA.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:20 AM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

From the standpoint of being an operator, I like the Aimpoint much better than the Eotech and I have used both. The battery life on the Aimpoint M4s is awesome. I have had it turned on 24/7 for 3 years now with no issues. And the M4s is durable as hell. during range testing with the Aimpoint rep, they took the Aimpoint and threw it down range several times and dropped it off the tower. Put back on the rifle and was perfectly ZERoed! Did the same with the eotech and it broke open on the first toss.

I also prefer the red dot to the halographic target. No need for that large halographic target as it takes up too much of the field. Eotech is nice, but I prefer the Aimpoint M4s or TLR-1.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:43 AM   #15

Aim points are probably the best on the market but can be very expensive with expensive batteries. You can pick up an eo tech 512 for under $400 and it runs on your house hold AA's also offers an extremely precise one moa dot and quick acquiring 65moa circle to help find that dot under stress or in cqb situations. If I had the money I'd probably go for the sleek aim point micros but eo tech makes a great product as well... Just my 2 cents

Old 03-05-2012, 04:05 AM   #16
GY6

EOtech FOR SURE!!!

Old 03-05-2012, 04:41 AM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ner45 View Post
Aim points are probably the best on the market but can be very expensive with expensive batteries. You can pick up an eo tech 512 for under $400 and it runs on your house hold AA's also offers an extremely precise one moa dot and quick acquiring 65moa circle to help find that dot under stress or in cqb situations. If I had the money I'd probably go for the sleek aim point micros but eo tech makes a great product as well... Just my 2 cents
Aimpoint M4 uses one AA battery and will last up to 7 years activated 24/7 on that one battery!

Old 03-05-2012, 05:39 AM   #18

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ner45 View Post
Batteries for my Aimpoint Comp M3s and CompML3s are about $6. $6 for a battery that lasts several years (of constant use) is very affordable. An Eotech can kill a battery in just a few hours.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 03-05-2012, 05:48 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 231 Times on 199 Posts
Likes Given: 65

I go to range once every 2 weeks. Each visit i stay there about 3hrs. I bought my XPS2-0 last december and the batt still strong. Its true Aimpoint is very very good at battery usage factor. But come on, if you can afford a $400+ red dot. A $10 (let's say) battery mean to you every year? I'm sure soldiers who are out there fighting for our country aren't replacing the battery so often.
Anyway you can't go wrong with both. Those 2 are the top notch brand ever made by human being!
I love my Eotech cos the design and cheaper of course.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:50 AM   #20

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

What expensive battery are you refering to? AA? Cr watch batteries?