aftermarket trigger questions.. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > aftermarket trigger questions..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2014, 09:11 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 211 Times on 183 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Have 1 SSA and 3 SSA-Es, love the Geissele. Will get the CMC flat trigger for my next build, i hear good reviews and it's as good as the Geissele but cheaper.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:19 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
No its very durable. The issue is its single stage. Meaning there is no take up the sear has no buffer bdtween release and the trigger. If it vets bumped or jarred it can go off.

This isnt a problem if the user is highly trained and never takes the safety off unless your pointing at an actual target.

The.average safety security police officer isnt trained to that level.
awesome, thanks. i think i've landed on the combat version then...

Old 06-18-2014, 11:13 PM   #13

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

The SD3G trigger is every bit as reliable as any other Geissele product. The SD3G is not recommended for duty work due to the extremely light and short trigger pull.

I have the SD-C "Combat" trigger on my Daniel Defense. It has a light 2 pound first stage and a sweet 2.5 pound second stage. The break is crisp with no take up or creep. The Super Dynamic series features a straight trigger which provides more leverage given the illusion of a lighter pull. I prefer my SD-C trigger for rapid fire shooting with the AR. I have a single stage Timney trigger in another AR that I use only for precision shooting. I find my Timney to be too slow for rapid due shooting.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:43 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I know this a stupid question. But can you guys explain the difference on the single stage and 2 stage trigger? I've never pulled a 2 stage

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 06-24-2014, 01:17 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 211 Times on 183 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushmaster74 View Post
I know this a stupid question. But can you guys explain the difference on the single stage and 2 stage trigger? I've never pulled a 2 stage

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
Choosing the Right Trigger for You - Geissele Aut…: http://youtu.be/ypb5HXdDJhc

Old 06-24-2014, 02:18 AM   #16

Liked 4716 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 1443

Ditto on the Chip McCormic recommendation.

Had mine for 10 years and over 10k rounds fired before the second stage spring finally broke.

Sent it back to CMC and they striped, cleaned, lubed, installed new springs and sent it back with a set of new KNS pins along with original pins... And a bumper sticker ALL FREE OF CHARGE.

Can't beat customer service like that with a stick!

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
cmc triggers does a flat skeleton trigger. i think they are better than timney by a fair bit. only downside is you do need to get kns pins as the clip on pins it comes with can come off. even buying the kns pins you still come out cheaper than timney giesselle with a trigger equal to giesselle and better than timney

i have timney gieselle and cmc triggers in three different ar15. dont get the timney.

money no issue get the giesselle triggers as you can use stock pins that arent going to have a funky way to attach it to the gun. thats the only advantage gieselle has over cmc. the problem with gieselle triggers is if you ar is not drilled spot on as in you have a lower from sw psa stag or other maker who has a bit looser tolerance range but other wise milspec you can have incorrectable tolerance stacking leading to fitment issues.

if you have a lower other than bcm or rra buy your trigger from a reputable dealer that has a good return policy