Aero Precision lower good or bad?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Aero Precision lower good or bad?


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 04:41 AM   #1
WDB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nonya,WA
Posts: 3,991
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Aero Precision lower good or bad?

Has anyone used this lower before? They are a local company and build for Armalite. I expect I should have asked before I bought a stripped one

While I have a few AR's I have not built one yet and decided that I would. I plan to build a mid price range M4. Already ordered a barrel, went with a 16" DPMS .556 with a 1-9 twist, plan to go with an A1 receiver as this will be a no frills rifle. I put a post it note next to the computer to remind me what the rifle should cost to build when I'm done (it's easy to get carried away with all the options). Considering this is my first build I want to keep it simple and build a rifle I will enjoy shooting. If all goes well I will build another one that has all the atributes I would like to have and sell one of my off the shelf AR's.

I've read this section of the forum in detail and found a lot of good advice, didn't see anyone using this lower so I thought I would ask (after the fact) what you guy think.

Thanks in advance,

Will
__________________
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.
WDB is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 07-24-2010, 05:05 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jpyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sewell,NJ
Posts: 4,844
Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
Has anyone used this lower before? They are a local company and build for Armalite. I expect I should have asked before I bought a stripped one

While I have a few AR's I have not built one yet and decided that I would. I plan to build a mid price range M4. Already ordered a barrel, went with a 16" DPMS .556 with a 1-9 twist, plan to go with an A1 receiver as this will be a no frills rifle. I put a post it note next to the computer to remind me what the rifle should cost to build when I'm done (it's easy to get carried away with all the options). Considering this is my first build I want to keep it simple and build a rifle I will enjoy shooting. If all goes well I will build another one that has all the atributes I would like to have and sell one of my off the shelf AR's.

I've read this section of the forum in detail and found a lot of good advice, didn't see anyone using this lower so I thought I would ask (after the fact) what you guy think.

Thanks in advance,

Will
Far from an expert here, no 1st hand experience with that lower but others with much more wisdom and knowledge than I have assured me that most lowers are pretty much the same as long as they are not junk "pot" metal.

One question, although it's really none of my business, why not build the M4 upper, mount it to an existing lower to keep the overall cost down (put it into the upper) and sell off just an unwanted upper. That makes a person to person sale possible and avoids FFL transfer issues, in short a better profit for you.
__________________
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington
Jpyle is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #3
WDB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nonya,WA
Posts: 3,991
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Far from an expert here, no 1st hand experience with that lower but others with much more wisdom and knowledge than I have assured me that most lowers are pretty much the same as long as they are not junk "pot" metal.

One question, although it's really none of my business, why not build the M4 upper, mount it to an existing lower to keep the overall cost down (put it into the upper) and sell off just an unwanted upper. That makes a person to person sale possible and avoids FFL transfer issues, in short a better profit for you.
Fair question Jp, The AR's I have I enjoy and want to keep whole. I've always found it hard to part with my firearms, or parts of them. Decided If I was going to build one it would be from parts. While the lower required the FFL paperwork, it opens the options for the rile it will be.
__________________
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.
WDB is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Ive seen others go with the lower you have mentioned. Havent heard any negetive feedback.
mjkeat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:26 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
russ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Grand Junction,Colorado
Posts: 1,016
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

While I don't have one personally, the reputation Aero Precision seems to have is good. I guess I'd rank them as upper mid-range. Not best-of-the-best, but certainly nothing to be concerned about. They also make some very cool uppers, I want one for my next build.
Aero Precision lower good or bad? - AR-15 Discussion

Last edited by russ; 07-24-2010 at 04:31 PM.
russ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:25 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Squirrel_Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Rocklin,California
Posts: 1,135
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

I have an Areo-Precision lower and I certainly dig it. Fit was a little sloppy with my Doublestart upper, but nothing that an Accuwedge didn't cure.
Squirrel_Slayer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
precision rifle? 270 win General Rifle Discussion 36 03-12-2010 02:57 PM
Grey bull precision? 270 win Optics & Mounts 2 02-20-2010 02:59 PM
GA Precision hillbilly68 General Rifle Discussion 0 03-03-2009 02:43 AM
GA Precision hillbilly68 The Club House 1 12-04-2008 11:17 PM
Aero-Tek Parts BuffaloRider General Handgun Discussion 0 08-07-2007 03:53 PM



Newest Threads