Aero Precision
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Aero Precision

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 12:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Aero Precision

Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with Aero Precision? I am looking into building an M4 and they seem to have the best price around. I plan on either an Armalite or Bushmaster for the upper.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-02-2012, 12:43 AM   #2

Liked 1027 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 1023

I've seen many, many positive comments on Aero Precision stripped lowers. Great quality at great prices. PSA, too. I'd open up the field more on the uppers. I have an ArmaLite upper but there are better choices than it or BM.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:48 AM   #3

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
I've seen many, many positive comments on Aero Precision stripped lowers. Great quality at great prices. PSA, too. I'd open up the field more on the uppers. I have an ArmaLite upper but there are better choices than it or BM.
DD and spike come to mind

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

Old 01-02-2012, 01:54 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Like Q I have heard good things about Aero.

Don't forget BCM.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-02-2012, 02:05 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the positive response. I like Bushmaster and Armamlite because of the price and they come complete. Bravo Company you still have to build them up. I have NO experience in the AR at all. I have relatives that are military, active and retired, and enjoy shooting theirs'.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:16 AM   #6

Liked 1027 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 1023

I like the flexibility of configuring a BCM upper online, it just takes a few more mouse clicks! There's no reason to fear plus you definitely get your money's worth.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #7

Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts

I have a SAA lower, which is made by Aero and is essentially the same thing with a different roll mark.

Very happy with the fit and finish. I bought a complete lower because for the price I could not buy all the components and build it myself. The trigger is a little heavy and gritty. I am going to try a 15 minute trigger job to see if I can improve it.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomill View Post
Thanks for the positive response. I like Bushmaster and Armamlite because of the price and they come complete. Bravo Company you still have to build them up. I have NO experience in the AR at all. I have relatives that are military, active and retired, and enjoy shooting theirs'.
Don't limit yourself. You can purchase an assembled upper from BCM then throw a bolt carrier group in it. As for the lower you can order that from BCM as well. Personally I'd order a blemished BCM lower from G and R Tactical in whatever configuration you want.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."