Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > adjusting my front sight?/

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 02:18 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default adjusting my front sight?/

So I finally got a set of flip sights and a carry handle for my M&P and need to get them sighted in. What do you guys use to adjust the front sight.. Should I just buy the tool? Use a pic ?
A friend of mine said they used to use a spent casing that would fit over the sight post on their service rifles but doesn't look like it will fit in the space on my flip sight . Anyone have any good tricks?? I got a tool yesterday but doesn't seem to work, the only one they had in stock was a cheapy and now I see why.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-24-2009, 10:53 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

You can take the tip of a round and push down on the detent, on the front sight and twist the sight post, in the direction, that you need to go.

I personaly like the front sight tool. You just need to make sure it's the right one. Some tools are just for A1 sights and some are for A2 sights, I have one that has both on it.

The A1 front sight post is round, while the A2 front sight post is square.
I hope this helps ya.