ADCOR B.E.A.R Elite B.E.A.R. = (Brown Enhanced Automatic Rifle) - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > ADCOR B.E.A.R Elite B.E.A.R. = (Brown Enhanced Automatic Rifle)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 980 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 979

As with any "latest and greatest" that splashes onto the scene I'd wait a year and let the chips fall where they may. Good chance you'd avoid it like the plague in 2012. If you're buying today go with something proven.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

All great points. Thanks much.

Things seem easy when you know what you are doing.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

So how do I charge this weapon when the CH is right where I like to mount my light? Should I not mount my light on the rail? If I mount it on the right side I have to remove my shooting hand to charge the weapon, correct? Do you agree that removing your firing hand from the grip is less than ideal? Looks like it would keep me from using the rail on the CH side.

Maybe you can have them send my one of their rifles for some testing. I just don't see a single thing this rifle can do for me that any off the shelf DPMS can't. correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: I have been doing some reading and although I stick to my original opinion that a good DI AR is a better choice and the ADCOR BEAR is overpriced by a large margin I will keep my eye on upcoming reviews. Don't think I'm a piston hater, I own and enjoy my LWRC.

Last edited by mjkeat; 08-02-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:58 PM   #14

IMO the forward CH is a cool idea, but when they still have the rear CH it is a waisted piece. From watching the video it looks like you are paying for nothing more than small ergonomic changes more than actual performance upgrades or better technology.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:03 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

The name sucks.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

LGS has them available and all the guys there swear by it. One of the owners is actually selling his ruger 556 piston so he can get the adcor. Plus they come with fn barrels that last for 15000 rounds.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallmaxx View Post
I'm not too concerned with price. It's only money. If it is a Cadillac machine, I will pay full price for it. But if it is nothing different than a Colt or Bushmaster, then maybe not so much.

I think I found the entire weapon for $1800 which is way cheaper than a SCAR.

Thanks for all the input so far.
I like how simple it is to remove the gas regulator and get the piston removed. The SCAR is not so simple to remove. I feel the SCAR has a much better bolt and bolt and carrier and I just feel using some AR parts like many other AR type piston Mfg.ed rifles, is just a short cut to production and sales without doing a complete redesign and Engineering. The SCAR has the most positive way of holding the bbl. solid to the receiver. I have seem a video on the military channel where it's removed and replaced with little effect to the sighted zero changing. All in all there is no other piston rifle that can hold up to the FNSCARs. 5.56 or 7.62.