Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   ADCOR B.E.A.R Elite B.E.A.R. = (Brown Enhanced Automatic Rifle) (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/adcor-b-e-r-elite-b-e-r-brown-enhanced-automatic-rifle-46034/)

wallmaxx 07-31-2011 08:43 AM

ADCOR B.E.A.R Elite B.E.A.R. = (Brown Enhanced Automatic Rifle)

I am impressed with their side of the story.
Looks like a fine rifle.
Has anyone actually owned or used this weapon?

Thanks In Advance (TIA)

Mike

JonM 07-31-2011 01:58 PM

Side of what story. Never heard of that rifle.

mjkeat 07-31-2011 03:25 PM

Im curious as well. Just under $1300 for their upper?

wallmaxx 08-01-2011 12:22 PM

All I can find online is their company YouTube videos.
They are very thorough but with anyone selling something, you always put the best spin on it.

Maybe someone has actually shot it and could give a first-hand review.

JonM 08-01-2011 01:18 PM

Nice engineering but i dont see how that is lighter than just a gas tube.

The exterior charging handle would drive me crazy wacking my fingers as it goes back and forth.

Dust cover on the bolt is cool but why did they leave a standard flip up cover on??

I dont see an advantage to warrant the price.

Im still of the opinion that unless your running a beltfed or using an ar15 in a squad lmg role as in select fire with beta mags piston systems are old technology best left in 1940.

I just prefer the di system as its only moving part is the bcg

Gatoragn 08-01-2011 01:43 PM

Ultimately you get to decide

Direct impingment or piston is largely personal preference and cost. If you decide you want one and can afford it, go for it.

I enjoy shooting both DI & piston operated ARs. I even enjoy true blowback AR lookalikes.

I do concur $1300 is steep though, I don't have a use for one at that price.

mjkeat 08-01-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wallmaxx (Post 553883)
All I can find online is their company YouTube videos.
They are very thorough but with anyone selling something, you always put the best spin on it.

Maybe someone has actually shot it and could give a first-hand review.

I wouldn't consider purchasing a $1300 upper based on a video? You can get a known system for the same or less money. If you want a piston look into LWRC. If you're just wanting an AR stick w/ DI and take a look at BCM, Spikes, Colt, etc. Spikes is putting out a very nice upper based around an FN barrel for just over $600. If I was ready for another that's what I'd get.

I don't see you having a huge pool of "have actually shot one" w/ this rifle.

wallmaxx 08-02-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM

The exterior charging handle would drive me crazy wacking my fingers as it goes back and forth.

The charging handle on this weapon is non-reciprocating. The SCAR, on the other hand, is reciprocating.

wallmaxx 08-02-2011 09:30 AM

I'm not too concerned with price. It's only money. If it is a Cadillac machine, I will pay full price for it. But if it is nothing different than a Colt or Bushmaster, then maybe not so much.

I think I found the entire weapon for $1800 which is way cheaper than a SCAR.

Thanks for all the input so far.

mjkeat 08-02-2011 03:08 PM

Are you comparing this unproven weapon system to a SCAR? Thats quite a stretch.

I'd be willing to bet this thing turns out to be anything but "a Cadillac machine". Right now I would put this below a BM or DPMS. At least w/ those 2 you know where the majority of their deficiencies are. W/ the "Cadillac" it's all guess work.

But hey its your money to experiment w/. There are however many manufacturers out there w/ great reputations that sell their tank like ARs for less that have earned their business and reputation. Not trying to change your mind, just trying to save you a little grief.