Adams AR15 upper good or bad?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Adams AR15 upper good or bad?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 02:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Adams AR15 upper good or bad?

I was looking at getting a new upper for my standard k3b a3 olympic arms AR15, not for any reason other than it was my first AR and I puchased kind of hastily not knowing much about the rifle and all the options available.So in my search through the plethora of uppers I stumble across a Adams arms AR15 upper a3m4 short stroke gas piston operated with a picanny rail gas block and everything included bolt carier charging handle etc. for $599 any one have any exp. with this brand or knowledge of it that could help assist me with my purchase

I'd rather have a gun and not need it, Than need one and not have it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-18-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1158 Times on 813 Posts
Likes Given: 1180

I hear Adams Arms is all right but no first hand experience. But I wouldn't buy one since $600 buys a really high quality direct impingment AR upper with absolutely no doubt that it is good to go.

Whichever way you go, do a lot of research first and on the benefits of piston vs. DI.

ETA:
Don't forget barrel profile, weight, length, twist rate, etc.

Last edited by Quentin; 10-18-2010 at 05:38 PM.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

My first was a LWRC carbine piston gun. Although very nice I havent purchased another piston gun since. DI is the original way and had been going strong for 40 +- years all over the world.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:42 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Adams

I sell alot of them and they are inspec with almost most out there. TWR is another one that is not well known but does the job, Most of the Lowers are manufactured by the same companys and lazer their name on them. DPMS is a very good choice, Noveske is another, RRA not to sure if the price is worth the bother, LB