ACOG what do you all think? What do you prefer? Why?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > ACOG what do you all think? What do you prefer? Why?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 11:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default ACOG what do you all think? What do you prefer? Why?

Just curious to see what you all think about ACOG

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-23-2008, 11:34 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I prefer some sort of 0x sight that allows you to keep both eyes open. Something like an EOTech or Aimpoint.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I have both. The Trijicon 4 x 32 ACOG is on a longer range rifle (20" AR-15), and the EOTechs are on shorter range (16" M-4 and AK) rifles. The Trijicon ACOG is also sight that you can use with both eyes wide open.

TXnorton

Old 11-24-2008, 07:37 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXnorton View Post
I have both. The Trijicon 4 x 32 ACOG is on a longer range rifle (20" AR-15), and the EOTechs are on shorter range (16" M-4 and AK) rifles. The Trijicon ACOG is also sight that you can use with both eyes wide open.

TXnorton
I have better than 10/20 in both eyes, with my right eye being only minorly dominant. When I try to keep both eyes open with magnifying optics, it really screws with my head. As such, I prefer a zero power or a traditional style scope.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:04 AM   #5

the acog is a GREAT battle sight! they are acually designed to be shot with both eyes open (faster target pick up). i think its called the bindon? aiming system. every marine in a combat unit has one, the shooting with both eyes open takes a little getting use to, but once you get the hang of it you'll wish you would have started sooner! they hold zero's very well (never lost mine, even in a car bomb at 30'), i guess if they have a down side is that in a house/CQB, the magnification can screw with you a bit. what we trained to do is what is called indexing... you lay one of your fingers down the line of your barrel, and you just point your finger at your target and squeeze the trigger. it's very simple and very effective after very little practice. it will become muscle memory!

"the tree of liberty has to be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants...."

"on the seventh day god created the model 700 for killing dinosaurs."