ACOG model

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > ACOG model

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 02:35 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default ACOG model

Gents,
Any recommendations on a Trijicon? Have two in mind, the NSN (am very familiar with that one) or the TA33-8 with the amber BAC chevron.

IMO/ IME an optic of this type is just to serve as something better than iron sights. So 2 power is better than nothing, and anything over 4 is too much (just so you know where I am coming from). No hollywood shooting, just something to improve chances of hitting paper at 2 or 300 yds.
The NSN is OK for a crosshair, but I have never seen/ used the chevron version. Anyone with experience or ownership of these please weigh in. Thanks gents.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-19-2008, 02:53 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Trijicon ACOG

I have a Trijicon ACOG mounted on the carry handle my older Colt SP-1. I cannot remember the exact model number but it is the 4 x 32 model with the red "donut" reticle. I really like the donut reticle, at 200 yards an 8" target cicle fits neatly inside the donut making a nice aiming point.

TXnorton