ACOG for a 16" LR-308? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > ACOG for a 16" LR-308?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 11:29 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by truevil1313 View Post
Well I just pulled the trigger and got the Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x50 and got a LaRue mount, that is guaranteed to return to zero if removed and reinstalled. I have one of these mounts for my Aimpoint, and it has proven itself to me.
I have spent a lot of time on here and talking to some professionals I know, and this set up makes a lot of sense, even if it was twice as much as the ACOG. My buddy's point is with this setup I don't really have to buy another scope ever again. I can put it on whatever rifle I get, zero it, record the changes I made, and be good to go back to the other rifle very quickly and easily.
The 3.5-15 made sense to me too. Why limit myself to a fixed 4 power? You guys were right.
The ACOG makes sense to me on my Sig 556R chambered in 7.62x39(I have the 3x32 on that one, with the x39 reticle) because that is a 200 yard gun at best, and is truly only minute of man with that round. This is why I was leaning towards the ACOG in the first place.
Thanks guys for setting me straight.

Your going to love the scope. I had one on my savage 10fcp-sr but the wife claimed it and my scope.

I detest larue mounts. Im CONSTANTLY removing and replacing my acog on my bcm carbine and i found the poi shifts over time due to the cam lever digging a small trench under the rail...

I switched tonadm mounts and havent looked back. Ive found that repeated on many many repititions the larues do not hold zero. The adm mounts have not shifted after a year of use and tons of mount dismount cycles.

Yes i think larue is mostly hype. Heresy but thats my opinion.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 06-14-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #12

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Your going to love the scope. I had one on my savage 10fcp-sr but the wife claimed it and my scope.

I detest larue mounts. Im CONSTANTLY removing and replacing my acog on my bcm carbine and i found the poi shifts over time due to the cam lever digging a small trench under the rail...

I switched tonadm mounts and havent looked back. Ive found that repeated on many many repititions the larues do not hold zero. The adm mounts have not shifted after a year of use and tons of mount dismount cycles.

Yes i think larue is mostly hype. Heresy but thats my opinion.
I'm sorry you have had a bad experience with Larue. I personally I have one Larue mount for my Aimpoint, so far it has performed as advertised, but I have only removed it and re-installed it a handful of times. I don't think I will be taking this scope off of this rifle all that often, it is just nice knowing that I can, at least a handful of times. That I have proven to myself.
Thank you, as always for your input.

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:09 AM   #13

Liked 113 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 143

I have a Bushy 308 with a with a 4x12 VXR in a BoBro, not sure about it holding zero after removal but it doesn't skin up the rifle.