Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Accessory upgrades (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/accessory-upgrades-50630/)

tenntyrant 10-26-2011 11:43 PM

Accessory upgrades

I want to ad some accessories to my rra ar15 I have the tactical operator 2. What are some good accessories to add ? So far all I have bought is 1 pmag and a rvg moe vertical grip. Anyone have good suggestions?

JonM 10-27-2011 12:04 AM

depends on what your looking to do with it. i added a turner sadlery sling and a magpul prs stock to my RRA National match A2. im toying with the idea of a magpul MOE handguard set.

Sniper03 10-27-2011 12:14 AM

Jon,

I saw a MOE handguard at one of my classes last week. Looks great and especialy for the price!

Sniper03 10-27-2011 12:31 AM

As far as accessories for the Rock River Tactical Operator 2. I am hoping you chose the Dominator 2 Rail for it. Then you need to get you an EOTech for it. With that system you will have one of the fastest target acquisition rifles out there. It also allows you to co-witness when you need to should the optics fail. And not have the iron sights to contend with when only using the EOTech. The best basic EOTech is the Model 512 which takes two quality AA Batteries.

mjkeat 10-27-2011 12:39 AM

Add what will help you put rounds on target faster and more accurately and nothing more. You'll save money, time, weight and keep from having one of those goddie looking things that seem to be everywhere.

tenntyrant 10-27-2011 01:14 AM

Yes it has the dominator two back site and rail.

Redarrow18 10-28-2011 02:19 AM

Maybe get a new pistol grip for it? or maby a light or new sights?

MrWray 10-28-2011 02:48 AM

Check out Magpul, they have several accessories for them, pretty much everything on my M4 is magpul

Snakedriver 10-28-2011 01:23 PM

My new RRA mid-length just sports a O.D. G.I. sling, Magpul Gen. 2 pop-up rear sight and a 2-7 power scope in a RRA cantilevered scope mount. Too much other stuff will just run the weight up.

I may install a standard hanguard rail on the bottom for a quick dismount bipod I have to use at the range. When sighting in a new set of sights or scope the bipod is very handy.

BTW, I also installed a KNS Precision .052 round ball front sight post in my A2 front sight. What a great improvement in the sight picture over the big fat factory sight that comes standard in AR's. I like to sight my rifles in to shoot exactly where I put the front sight and not have to use the 6 o'clock aiming point. The new bead sight will make that possible now. :cool:

fsted2a 10-28-2011 01:53 PM

Just a general observation; the M4 carbine was designed with the idea of being lighter and less cumbersom than the M16, and what do a lot of people do with them? Use the picattinny rails to hang more stuff to negate that advantage. Flashlights, scopes, lasers, video cameras, bottle openers, etc. Some of it has nothing to do with hitting the bastard on the other end, or even the paper target. And if you have a malfunction, there is that much more crap to take off.