Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AAC Blackout

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Core15 TAC SBR 300 BLK Upper - 9.5" SS 1:8 w/Blackout FH Mount

C3 Defense enhanced Factory SBR Lower
PSA LPK w/Geissele SSA-E Trigger
Magpul
- MOE Grip
- ACS Stock
- AFG
- ASAP
20 Round PMAG
Leatherwood/Hi-Lux CMR 1-4X24 Scope
SWFA SSALT Mount

I sighted it in using 147 CMMG ball rounds. I also have some of the UMC & 125 gr. AAA pink tip's. Bullseye is about a hour drive for me & well worth it. I'm taking it coyote hunting this weekend.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:02 AM   #22

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Nice looking rifle. I have a charging handle from Core 15 and one of these days I'm going to stop in to see them (3 hours away). They have some interesting looking stuff.

I had to go green tip because Bullseye was out of the pink tip when I ordered. Good huntin for the 'yotes.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #23

Meh.... not my cup of tea but to each his own

Old 01-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #24

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarmanathome View Post
Meh.... not my cup of tea but to each his own
Why?

-------------

I went through Bullseye for my UMC 115 as well. Have a reservation at the range for Monday morning to zero the new H1 and try out the ammo.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-15-2012, 01:04 AM   #25

It's not that the caliber or round have some attractive features, but for it's engagement envelope, it's not what I'm looking for. I may look at WC's 7.62 x 40, but neither that nor the BO really hold my interest for what i would use them for. I already reload in 6 different rifle calibers - I don't see a need to add one more into it.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:08 AM   #26

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarmanathome
It's not that the caliber or round have some attractive features, but for it's engagement envelope, it's not what I'm looking for. I may look at WC's 7.62 x 40, but neither that nor the BO really hold my interest for what i would use them for. I already reload in 6 different rifle calibers - I don't see a need to add one more into it.
What is your engagement envelope?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-15-2012, 01:21 AM   #27

If the game I'm taking is less than 300 yards (depending on the powder an dpill I'm using), and for the most part they are at 100 yards or less - my 6.8 is more than sufficient. Buying the AAC just isn't cost effective for me as I already have a caliber that takes deer just fine. Anything I want to shoot past 300 yards and I use my .308 BR (non AR). My 5.56's are not used for hunting in any way - cheap plinking, and "other" woudl describe them.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:29 AM   #28

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarmanathome View Post
If the game I'm taking is less than 300 yards (depending on the powder an dpill I'm using), and for the most part they are at 100 yards or less - my 6.8 is more than sufficient. Buying the AAC just isn't cost effective for me as I already have a caliber that takes deer just fine. Anything I want to shoot past 300 yards and I use my .308 BR (non AR). My 5.56's are not used for hunting in any way - cheap plinking, and "other" woudl describe them.
Yeah, if you're happy w/ your 6.8 and don't shoot suppressed the .300 BLK would just be another round.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 02-15-2012, 02:33 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1146 Times on 638 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Default Just curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTiger View Post
Core15 TAC SBR 300 BLK Upper - 9.5" SS 1:8 w/Blackout FH Mount
So if a rifle is supposed to have a minimum 16 inch barrel to be legal for us mere mortals to possess, does a 9.5 inch barrel require a permit? Is it legal for LEOs to possess and use for hobbies?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:46 AM   #30
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5101 Times on 2651 Posts
Likes Given: 309

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
So if a rifle is supposed to have a minimum 16 inch barrel to be legal for us mere mortals to possess, does a 9.5 inch barrel require a permit? Is it legal for LEOs to possess and use for hobbies?

Inquiring minds want to know.
it requires a federal batfe tax stamp. in wisconsin you can own em if you go through tthe proper paperwork. if your anywhere near the milwaukee area i got contact info for a real good nfa trust attourney.

individual officers may not own one anymore than any other person. the police department can own them and issue them as duty weapons without govt hoops or stamps. big difference.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...