a2 vrs a3 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

a2 vrs a3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 10:51 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
I dunno, but I almost always use my FA. I let my wife and friends shoot my ARs and its really comes in handy when taking a peek in the chamber to see if there's a live round in there. I dunno about you guyz but I always do a chamber check when someone hands me a rifle (if the bcg out of battery)
I use it for chamber checks as well. It's kinda like having a comfort blanket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a View Post
Due to a few of the catastrophic failures I have seen that have been attributed to the forward assist, I would rather not have the temptation in front of me. Yes I know the odds are low it would happen, but the cost of a round verses the damage that could happen made my decision an easy one. Better to eject the round altogether.
I understand and feel the same way. I almost always eject the round if there is a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6787 Times on 3608 Posts
Likes Given: 506

ive been unable to locate a flat top upper without a fa. i just dont like it sticking out there gets in the way and find it about as useful as taking dieting advice from rosie odonnell...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 03-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #13

Liked 289 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
ive been unable to locate a flat top upper without a fa. i just dont like it sticking out there gets in the way and find it about as useful as taking dieting advice from rosie odonnell...
There are a few out there: Fulton Armory, DPMS, Yellow Logic, S&W.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #14

Liked 289 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 440

I know we have gotten off topic with discussing the F/A. My fault entirely. If someone is upset about it, I apologize.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

JonM check out www.Ranierarms.com. They have a nice non F/A w/ deflector and ramps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #16

that brings up another question from this newbie. could someonr explain fwrd assist
thx

Newest Threads