Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   80% lower build (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/80-lower-build-98319/)

aruiz42 10-08-2013 01:37 AM

80% lower build
 
My one on this site done it yet? If you don't know what it is it's basically the following in the most simple terms
- a non registered legal to buy lower ( no FFL needed shipped right to your door)
-it's about 80% complete you just need to drill out all the parts using a jig you also buy... There is supposedly tutorials out there and most of them come with instructions
- legal to own not sell according to ATF

I just want to know how hard it is to a complete novice... Didn't find anything using the search from the app...

fsted2a 10-08-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aruiz42 (Post 1395176)
My one on this site done it yet? If you don't know what it is it's basically the following in the most simple terms
- a non registered legal to buy lower ( no FFL needed shipped right to your door)
-it's about 80% complete you just need to drill out all the parts using a jig you also buy... There is supposedly tutorials out there and most of them come with instructions
- legal to own not sell according to ATF

I just want to know how hard it is to a complete novice... Didn't find anything using the search from the app...

If you just want one for yourself, it is a pretty expensive proposition. Much cheaper to buy a stripped lower. I built one last year that the parts would fit in, but it was too ugly for me to put a picture of the build on the forum. I might try it again in the future. Takes a lot of patience, and be prepared to go through a few drill bits. You need plenty of work space, and a lot of time for your first one. Just trying to give you a heads up.

aruiz42 10-08-2013 03:48 PM

Trying to make a project with my friend... Is a milling machine necessary or a drill and a lot of bits good enough?

purehavoc 10-08-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aruiz42 (Post 1395586)
Trying to make a project with my friend... Is a milling machine necessary or a drill and a lot of bits good enough?

Drill press for sure , not sure how well a hand drill would work. If you have access to a mill , the tooling and know how to run it properly it will make your job much easier

Yunus 10-08-2013 05:47 PM

polymer 80% lowers exist and are much easier to work with. I've seen youtube videos that claim they can be complete in under 90 minutes.

I've never personally seen or worked with one just watched a video.

fsted2a 10-08-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yunus (Post 1395674)
polymer 80% lowers exist and are much easier to work with. I've seen youtube videos that claim they can be complete in under 90 minutes.

I've never personally seen or worked with one just watched a video.

Yeah, I saw the vid as well. Might try one.

aruiz42 10-08-2013 07:54 PM

Well I went on rockethub.com and funded a couple of companies and they give you the lowers once they are funded... So basically got some for dirt cheap... Might take a while to get here but either way good investment... If it does not work out I could still sell them for between 50 and 100 each... Only bought for around 25 each... But I think if me and my friend out our heads together and try hard we could have unregistered AR's! I'll look into the polymer one thanks

Yunus 10-08-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aruiz42 (Post 1395751)
Well I went on rockethub.com and funded a couple of companies and they give you the lowers once they are funded... So basically got some for dirt cheap... Might take a while to get here but either way good investment... If it does not work out I could still sell them for between 50 and 100 each... Only bought for around 25 each... But I think if me and my friend out our heads together and try hard we could have unregistered AR's! I'll look into the polymer one thanks

I don't understand the laws well enough.

aruiz42 10-08-2013 09:10 PM

Well the ATF site states that as long as you can legally posses a gun in your state if you build a firearm for personal use and not for resale... I'm pretty sure you still need to follow magazine restrictions... I'm from NJ

Sgt_Skrb_25 10-09-2013 01:04 AM

[QUOTE="aruiz42"]My one on this site done it yet? If you don't know what it is it's basically the following in the most simple terms - a non registered legal to buy lower ( no FFL needed shipped right to your door) -it's about 80% complete you just need to drill out all the parts using a jig you also buy... There is supposedly tutorials out there and most of them come with instructions - legal to own not sell according to ATF I just want to know how hard it is to a complete novice... Didn't find anything using the search from the app...[/QUOTE

What state are you in? If you don't feel comfortable doing it, you can rent a CNC with the. Specs programmed into it. I live in SoCal and have a line on a shop that will rent it out for $75 . Google around for local machine shops.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:18 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.