The 6.8x43 spc

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > The 6.8x43 spc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 12:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default The 6.8x43 spc

Hi, I am new here, but I do some shooting and I have several rifles and pistols. I have a AR with 2 uppers (a 5.56 and a 7.62x39 which I have used to take a small buck last season).

I like the performance of the 7.62x39 round as long as I use Cor-bon high performance hunting loads. But the standard performance 123 gr hollow points are just so so. I am thinking about going to the 6.8 mm Remington.

Anybody have experiance with the 6.8x43 spc Remington on an AR platform???

Budd

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-07-2008, 01:10 AM   #2

The 6.8 is a combat round. It reaches its peak performance inside 300 meters so If your planing on shooting at distances over 300 meters I would advise against the 6.8.

IMO the 6.5 Grendel is a much better round overall.

Hope this helps.

If you can see the big picture your not concentrating on the front sight post كافر

Old 02-13-2008, 04:44 AM   #3

6.8 SPC is a great round for deer sized game
think of it as the short action 270winchester
as punisher said, inside 300yard the cartridge is at its best, the grendel is a long range round that doesnt seem to have as many companies making uppers for it

Old 02-18-2008, 05:43 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default + 1 for...

the 6.8 SPC round. Like some have already stated, out to about 300 meters, it's hard to beat, as far as accuracy, recoil, and energy. Past that, then you might want to look at other options.

But getting very many options for loads/rounds is still a bit of a challenge. Unless you load your own, you are pretty limited on selection on either, with the vote again going to the 6.8 SPC for variety.

Another option, is the 260 Rem (a 6.5 Grendel in sheep's clothing), along with about the same results in variety of ammo.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:52 PM   #5

I also have 6.8 upper that I use for huniting. So far it's taken down a hog, and a turkey. The turkey was shot at just over 215 yds form a prone position using a scope.

Overall, I've been very impressed with it. It shoots really smooth, and it gets the job done. The only drawback is that ammo aint that cheap right now....

pig:

turkey: