Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > 6.8 SPC Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 6.8 SPC Build

So a while ago I got the Zombie Control Aero Precision Lower that BigCat was selling. So for I have the Aero Precision Upper (stripped), Daniel Defense Mil spec LPK, Biohazard edition mil spec buffer tube/spring, magpul carbine stock, mil spec UPK, and a random Ergo Pistol grip I found at a local shop (felt sturdy/comfortable and had a storage compartment for $15!!),
so now its time to start looking at barrels and the other expensive stuff. I've found that my choices for barrels are vast to say the least;
Bison Armory (great package deals)
Noveske (Worth the money??)
Daniel Defense (CHF really all its chalked up to be?)
LMT (don't know much)
among others.
also I've narrowed my Bolt carrier and bolt down to the LMT enhanced bolt with the Young Manufacturing chrome match bolt carrier, the quad rail I'd Like is also up for debate the YHM quad rail is nice with the end cap but the Daniel Defense lightweight looks like it would be more durable/stable.
just looking for suggestions on the barrels/quad rails, this is going to be a hobbyist build for an Armageddon all purpose weapon.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-04-2011, 01:05 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I'm very opionated and am picky about my AR parts but for a good reason. AR money comes far and few in b/w so I have to make each penny count.

That said... Innovative Tactical Systems LLC, Made in USA, AR 15 uppers, piston operated tactical upper, 5.56, 6.8spc, custom precision barrels is well respected in the 6.8 world. Noveske is is the cats meow. DD is more than it's chalked up to be. LMT has a great reputation.

BCG - No experience w/ LMT BCGs but a lot of guys use them. Don't let the MIM talk scare you away. DD and BCM make great BCGs too.

There are a lot of rails I'd go w/ before YHM. DD makes the best rails period. Troy makes a great rail I like a lot and have purchased multiple times. The Samson EVo I just recieved is very sturdy and Centurion Arms makes a quad rail I really want to own.

IMO hobbyist and SHTF don't mix. One has UTG and a cheap RDS the later has a lot of thought and quality parts thrown its way.

Have you thought about the cost to feed a 6.8? It's not cheap.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:24 AM   #3

I have thought of the cost of 6.8 SPC rounds and I can stock pile about 3000 rounds of SSA HPBT within budget. I was drawn to the 6.8 because of the fact that I don't need an ar10 lower (308) but the ballistics are much better than 556. I chose the 6.8 over the 450 BM. So I would put this weapon in the bug out (weight of rounds can be carried in my duramax) category.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:08 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Sounds good.

Old 12-04-2011, 05:47 AM   #5

Just finished looking over ITS. Very good reviews and following. Hmmm... I'll definatly factor them in. This is also going to be my last build before I get married next year (oct) so after this build priorities are going to switch very far away from my gun habits for a while. Really want this to be a top notch build that will last forever. Thanks for the pointers and any further suggestions are more than welcome.