Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > 6.8 spc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 6.8 spc

Im looking at building a AR in 6.8 spc. Any suggestions for a good upper or opinions on the caliber itself?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-22-2011, 11:08 AM   #2

Liked 1002 Times on 563 Posts
Likes Given: 389

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo84 View Post
Im looking at building a AR in 6.8 spc. Any suggestions for a good upper or opinions on the caliber itself?
I have a Lewis Machine & Tool upper, it puts nice tight groups in the target at 100 yards. Hopefully after deer season this year I will have some first hand experience with its performance in the real world.

Palmetto State Armory has several 6.8 options to choose from.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:30 AM   #3

Mine sports the Model 1 Sales 18 inch upper with a barrel by E.R. Shaw (Savage) and it is a hoot to shoot. Bullets may be a little hard to find at the store but the best ones are Silver State Armory and you can get them on the internet for reasonable prices if you shop around.