Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   6.8 spc 1 ammo discontinued? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/6-8-spc-1-ammo-discontinued-48984/)

bushyspikemaster 09-29-2011 06:02 AM

6.8 spc 1 ammo discontinued?

ok i just bought my first ar and its a 6.8 spc 1 i was told not 2 and today i went to a different store to get ammo and was told that they dont make 6.8 spc 1 ammo anymore and you can only get 6.8 spc 2 ammo is this true?

BenLuby 09-29-2011 11:04 AM

I think you're hearing rumors. I can find nothing solid on them no longer producing this caliber.
Not saying it's not true, just saying that I can dig no information up from a reliable source indicating that this caliber is toast.

bushyspikemaster 09-29-2011 07:07 PM

for sure yeah i went to a diff gun shop and the guy seemed to be a dick i asked how much they would pay for my new build bushmaster m4a3 6.8 spc upper carbine and spikes lower and the dude told me he would pay about 50 bucks for this gun and that spc 1 is garbage is this true like i said i am new to m4 type rifles but i paid 988 for everything including dros and california legal **** but i felt like that was just a slap in the face to tell me 50bucks for this brand new gun never shot once is that bs or what either way i still am looking to find if they dicscontinued it so thanks for the help and if anybody else no fir sure let me know thanks

BenLuby 09-29-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bushyspikemaster (Post 589445)
for sure yeah i went to a diff gun shop and the guy seemed to be a dick i asked how much they would pay for my new build bushmaster m4a3 6.8 spc upper carbine and spikes lower and the dude told me he would pay about 50 bucks for this gun and that spc 1 is garbage is this true like i said i am new to m4 type rifles but i paid 988 for everything including dros and california legal **** but i felt like that was just a slap in the face to tell me 50bucks for this brand new gun never shot once is that bs or what either way i still am looking to find if they dicscontinued it so thanks for the help and if anybody else no fir sure let me know thanks

First of all, as I said, no reliable information that it has been discontinued. Sounds like you are dealing with idiots.
On the issue of the firearm, if they did discontinue it?
Nice thing about the AR-15's? Even if by some fluke they DID discontinue the ammo, (which, I state again, I seriously doubt. Order it off the internet), you can change the barrel on an AR-15 for a reasonable amount of money.
Sounds like, and this isn't an insult, you ran into a couple of people, one of whom wanted to try and take advantage of someone who he doesn't think fully understands the firearm they have.

Overkill0084 09-29-2011 07:58 PM

Sounds like you might be a candidate for reloading if this were true.
Until then: AmmoEngine: 6.8mm Remington SPC, Instock For Sale Premium & Discount Ammunition, Ammo Deals

As for the DBs at the gunshop, scratch that place off of the list of places to shop in the future. As a bonus, mail the owner a letter explaining why.

rob072770 10-02-2011 05:14 PM

That is a load

Quote:

Originally Posted by bushyspikemaster (Post 589168)
ok i just bought my first ar and its a 6.8 spc 1 i was told not 2 and today i went to a different store to get ammo and was told that they dont make 6.8 spc 1 ammo anymore and you can only get 6.8 spc 2 ammo is this true?

Ammo to go, Silver State the list goes on. I love my ARP VtechExtreme great hog gun. :D:D

Lincoln4 10-02-2011 09:38 PM

I don't claim to be an expert, as I'm building my first 6.8spc AR. However, 6.8spc, 6.8spc II, and 6.8x43 are simply different spec chambers. They all take the same ammo. Try 68forums.com for a bunch of good info on this caliber.:)