6.8 build recomendations
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

6.8 build recomendations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 12:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 6.8 build recomendations

building my first ar. ive started my lower with spikes reciever, and components kit. im going to add a fully adjustable colapseable stock. looking for my upper components. im looking for 6.8 barrell. so much to choose from im a little overwhelmed. im most likely going with a 18 or 20 inch chromoly or stainless. twist rates from 1x9 to 1x11.bullet weights 115 or so. most my shooting will be at range 200 yrds, i want to build a real tack driver. any advise and suggestions welcome.
thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-23-2012, 01:59 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I would call Harrison at AR15Performance.com and talk to him about barrel length for the distances you're wanting to shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #3

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I second the recommendation of contacting ARP. Consider their offerings for either a barrel or complete 6.8 SPC upper. There are few folks around that know more about the platform than H. (Harrison Beane).

I am also a satisfied customer of ARP.

http://www.ar15performance.com/home

Some good information and vendors here, too.

http://68forums.com/forums/forum.php

Old 03-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #4

checked out ARP site. good info. might go wilson barrell. side line, anyone try alexander arms 50 beowolf on milspec lower? thinking i might make 2 way cool guns!!!

Old 03-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrhino123 View Post
checked out ARP site. good info. might go wilson barrell. side line, anyone try alexander arms 50 beowolf on milspec lower? thinking i might make 2 way cool guns!!!
I looked into the 50 Beo a few years back and really wanted one but looking back I'm glad I went another direction. I just don't have a need for such a round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #6

Liked 340 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I looked into the 50 Beo a few years back and really wanted one but looking back I'm glad I went another direction. I just don't have a need for such a round.
Cracking 460ci engine blocks not enough reason? o.O