6.5 barrel
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > 6.5 barrel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 01:06 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 6.5 barrel

I'm starting my 6.5 build and I am having some barrel issues. I am finding a lot of companies that make the .264LBC which is supposed to be the same as the 6.5 grendel. I have heard that is because they didn't want to pay licensing fees (which I do not believe), or that there where patent issues, and a few other reasons I can't recall. I believe there are some differences between the 6.5 and the .264 but I don't know if it is enough to choose one over the other.

I am trying to find a company that manufactures a quality 6.5 barrel or a .264 (if it is the same as the 6.5) that is affordable. I want to approach this carefully because it will be my first upper build and I want to do it right. I do not want to do this and end up with a run-of-the-mill rifle. Since I chose this caliber based on the fact that I want a rifle capable of driving tacks at 600 yards. I do not want to be cheap when purchasing the barrel and BCG, since those are major factors when it comes to accuracy. Hopefully I can find a high quality barrel that will not break the bank but still meet my needs.

I am heading to the Ft. Worth gun show tomorrow to do some trading so I would like to have a few thoughts from some of you if possible. However, I doubt I will lucky enough to find quality 6.5 parts at the gun show if, any at all.

Kyle

No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-11-2012, 01:38 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Check out Alexander Arms.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-11-2012, 05:45 AM   #3

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

I would avoid buying parts like this a most gun shows. Too many second rate sellers and too easy to make a snap decision you'll regret later. As you said you want to do this upper right and that's more likely by doing your research and buying from reputable vendors online.

Still, have fun at the show!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #4

Liked 281 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Blackhole weaponry also has bolts and barrels