.458 socom ar big bore - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > .458 socom ar big bore

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 03:16 AM   #11
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 574

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSSig View Post
Im not sure about the cost of brass and such to reload. I will find out soon. I did buy some dies for it but have yet to order any reloading stuff. I just been using the factory ammo from SBR. I have seen used brass selling around 1.25$
Midway sells brass,but I usually just buy mine straight from Starline Brass.
I'd suggest getting some Imperial Sizing Wax to use for sizing your cases,the 458 brass is known to stick in the sizing die,and after trying out my usual case lubes,I decided to try Imperial.It flat works excellent.

I've had some really good loads with Remington 300gr JHP & 405gr FN,and I'm working on some with the Nosler C/T Silvertip 300gr and the Hornady 325gr FTX bullets.
I have several loads that shoot around .75 moa out of this beast.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Old 01-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Did anyone watch the season finale of Sons of Guns? If so what did you think? Just curious, jd45

Old 01-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #13

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd45
Did anyone watch the season finale of Sons of Guns? If so what did you think? Just curious, jd45
Well I saw it coming... and it did make me consider running a hydrolic buffer
I think it's sad that Vince was pushed as far as he was, what with a pregnant wife, and a nephew fighting cancer, oh, and his dog having to be put down... I really feel for the guy. I mean, Will was begging for him to quit...

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 01-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #14

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I have to say I suspected that because he thought he deserved to get the project, cause it supposedly was "so important" and he has the expertise to make it happen, and didn't, he sabotaged it by putting the wrong buffer in it before he sent it out. I could be wrong, but why was Will begging for him to quit, anyway? I'll appreciate your feedback, jd45

Old 01-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #15
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Makes one wonder where Red jacket is going to get a valid FFL license NOW!

I am assuming they were working under Vinces license.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 01-21-2012, 03:11 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd45
I have to say I suspected that because he thought he deserved to get the project, cause it supposedly was "so important" and he has the expertise to make it happen, and didn't, he sabotaged it by putting the wrong buffer in it before he sent it out. I could be wrong, but why was Will begging for him to quit, anyway? I'll appreciate your feedback, jd45
actually if you watch when he received it from kris, out told off the table. obviously he's having issues with his wife's pregnancy, but when he mentioned putting some miles on the Harley, he was going to St. Jude to see his nephew. I suspect there are many underlying issues.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:40 AM   #17

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Thanx pagj17....I agree. Be well, jd45

Old 01-21-2012, 04:20 AM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5673 Times on 2963 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Makes one wonder where Red jacket is going to get a valid FFL license NOW!

I am assuming they were working under Vinces license.
MaYbe that "general" who in profile looked an aweful lot like the producer of the show will apply for an ffl lol

Im sorry but generals dont drive out to a desert to "test" weapons. They send the firearms to test location then read the report when its done. Then congress has to approve any new weapon procurements if im not mistaken.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-21-2012, 04:29 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

MaYbe that "general" who in profile looked an aweful lot like the producer of the show will apply for an ffl lol

Im sorry but generals dont drive out to a desert to "test" weapons. They send the firearms to test location then read the report when its done. Then congress has to approve any new weapon procurements if im not mistaken.
Well, In it they said retired and so he's just another lobbyist.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:57 AM   #20

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I have been shooting hogs with my 458 since the great emaculation took place. I have killed over 200 hogs with it and there isnt anything better for brinning home the bacon.
The Son's of Gun's show is put on for a different crowd. The target audiance is city slickers and armchair warriors. The show they did with the 458 didnt give much credit to Marty and now they have reinvented the wheel. All the drama over a weapon that has been in production since the 60's and they put a piston system in it. Wow
Its a good thing that General showed up to see this NEW weapons platform. I bet we will hear them call it an "assualt rifle" instead of an AR. Its good tv but thats it.

Last edited by theboarbuster; 01-23-2012 at 01:20 AM.