44 mag or 500 S&W...Why not? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > 44 mag or 500 S&W...Why not?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I've seen that before. I have also looked at the dedicated upper from Oly Arms. Just not sure, because......

While you would be correct almost 100% of the time, IF I was able to get my hands on the Kriss Super V, I would definitely be willing to buy a few Glock mags to feed the beast.

I ALMOST bought one last year when the election results came in. I was *this* close, but I didn't step up and pay the $1800 that the local dealer wanted. I am waiting for the new and improved version, or for teh version that someone figured out. Well. Let's not go there....

JD

So you're saying it has a touch of the ghey huh?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-24-2010, 09:32 PM   #22

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
So you're saying it has a touch of the ghey huh?
The Kriss Super V??

Not in the slightest. That is a man's weapon that they chose to take advantage of some ghey in the marketplace.

Kriss Super V Submachine Gun
17.jpg   kriss_media_day.jpg  

Old 01-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Nice....not as a sexy as a Thompson but nice.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-24-2010, 09:44 PM   #24

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
The Kriss Super V??

Not in the slightest. That is a man's weapon that they chose to take advantage of some ghey in the marketplace.

Kriss Super V Submachine Gun
Thats the Kriss? That's the weapon that diverts the bolt down the grip right? I had no idea that was a 45.

I wish I could get my hands on a G36 (Not the Glock, the H&K).
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 01-24-2010, 09:48 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
Thats the Kriss? That's the weapon that diverts the bolt down the grip right? I had no idea that was a 45.

I wish I could get my hands on a G36 (Not the Glock, the H&K).
That's the one. You can rip off several hundred round a minute one handed because of the way the recoil system handles the energy. It's an amazing piece. I held the full auto version at SHOT in 2007 and it's the ULTIMATE SHTF urban weapon in my eyes.

If its H&K's best you are after, you want the 417 Battle Rifle. Jack and I will be first in line when that bad boy hits the civilian market.

JD

Old 01-24-2010, 10:28 PM   #26

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
That's the one. You can rip off several hundred round a minute one handed because of the way the recoil system handles the energy. It's an amazing piece. I held the full auto version at SHOT in 2007 and it's the ULTIMATE SHTF urban weapon in my eyes.

If its H&K's best you are after, you want the 417 Battle Rifle. Jack and I will be first in line when that bad boy hits the civilian market.

JD
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that just an AR with a piston driven upper?

edit: I checked into it on m4carbine.net and it appears the 416 and 417 were released on the civi market last year as the MR556 and the MR762, but it supposedly was pulled because they bastardized it for the civi market. Uppers alone were going for $3500 and they wouldn't fit AR lowers. That was just the little bit I read.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Last edited by DarinCraft; 01-24-2010 at 10:38 PM.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:59 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that just an AR with a piston driven upper?

edit: I checked into it on m4carbine.net and it appears the 416 and 417 were released on the civi market last year as the MR556 and the MR762, but it supposedly was pulled because they bastardized it for the civi market. Uppers alone were going for $3500 and they wouldn't fit AR lowers. That was just the little bit I read.
That would be about correct. There is talk of H&K releasing a real to life 417 version for civilian purchase. However, we are still waiting for that event to happen. Stupid import regulations.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:14 PM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Heckler & Koch H&K USC CARBINE RIFLE 45ACP Black Stock for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $1,491.00

There's always this HK

Old 01-24-2010, 11:29 PM   #29

Quote:
I don't know about the big magnum calibers, but several makers have produced both 9mm and .45ACP versions of the AR platform.

I have toyed with building a .45ACP AR for a few years now. The reason would be simplicity like you are talking about. Stock up on a .45 ammo and have one round for my sidearm and my short range long gun.

Hmmmm...... *thinking*

JD
------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------

*Lightbulb*
"OOW!" "OOW!" Mr. Kotter sir!

JD I had thought, I know it's so rare, but I'll just throw the concept out an see what you and the others can make of it. OK?

.45/.460 Roland 1911 Hog Hunting BUG,
45/.460 Roland AR 15 Hog Hunting Carbine.

Good idea/Bad idea? you all decide!

N.D.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:40 PM   #30

The .460 S&W in both BUG and Carbine for hunting Hogs and many other types of big tough Game would just flat out get it done!

N.D.