.300 bo - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

.300 bo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by will_reed View Post
IMO, there isn't much difference between PSA and DSA. I have owned parts from both and everything functioned 100%.
Quote:
The last AR (5.56) that I assembled ended up like this:

Upper from DSA - $235
Stripped Spike's lower from LGS -$90
Build kit from PSA (LPK and stock kit) - $90
Used M16 BCG locally -$80

Roughly $500 and it runs 100% with about 600 rounds down the pipe right now.

So, with the .300 upper you could be under $600 and have a solid rifle. But it all depends on what you want to do and how much you want to spend. LoL!
I don't know if I'd purchase a used BCG when I can get a new one for $99 from PSA.

Like I mentioned before I'd go with parts from PSA then get a barrel from Aaron at Delta Company Arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

I don't know if I'd purchase a used BCG when I can get a new one for $99 from PSA.

Like I mentioned before I'd go with parts from PSA then get a barrel from Aaron at Delta Company Arms.
That should have read Colt M16 bcg...

Old 01-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
That should have read Colt M16 bcg...
Where do you get a new Colt F/A BCG for $80?

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1241 Times on 862 Posts
Likes Given: 1292

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Where do you get a new Colt F/A BCG for $80?
Yeah that would be amazing, even used. Just the bolt maybe?
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 01-07-2012, 01:22 AM   #15

Come on guys, I said it was used and I picked it up locally. That's why I didn't order a new one from PSA. LOL!

I got a used Colt M4 barrel from the same guy too, I haven't decided how to use ot yet though.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:44 AM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Your first post said used BCG for $80 then you corrected yourself and said it should have said Colt M16 BCG. See where the confusion came from? Either way I wouldn't use a used BCG w/ a new barrel.

I'd use the barrel w/ the BCG it came w/.

Back on subject.
Like always, go the cheapest route and you'll end up w/ junk. Get a good barrel and BCG as they are the most important parts. Receivers are almost a wash, I suggest PSA due to price and quality.

Quote:

Old 01-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #17

I never said it was new, and I'm sorry but I just don't agree with you on the BCG. Lightly used or new has never made any difference for me in functionality.

Either way, we are both suggesting the same thing to the OP. Use quality parts to assembly the rifle and it will work, and quality parts aren't always expensive.

Last edited by will_reed; 01-07-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #18

Thanks for the help guys, I will definitely look into it. It can be more affordable then I imagined.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #19

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
I never said it was new, and I'm sorry but I just don't agree with you on the BCG. Lightly used or new has never made any difference for me in functionality.

Either way, we are both suggesting the same thing to the OP. Use quality parts to assembly the rifle and it will work, and quality parts aren't always expensive.
You're saying quality but you're not ointing him toward quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by assain618 View Post
Thanks for the help guys, I will definitely look into it. It can be more affordable then I imagined.
Just be carefull. If you buy cheap you will end up spending more in the long run. THere's a big difference b/w cheap and value.

Quote:

Old 01-08-2012, 12:29 AM   #20

What the hell is your problem guy?

The only thing I suggested differently is the maker of the barrel, and there are plenty of reviews out there to back up the quality of the DSA .300 barrel.

Link us to a review showing one that shoots badly...

Newest Threads