.300 AAC Blackout - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

.300 AAC Blackout

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 08:07 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1190 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 1228

Are you back yet JD? We're still waiting...

Seriously, hope you had a great time in Vegas!

Old 01-21-2011, 09:21 PM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3486 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Waiting for a shuttle to the airport now, so I will answer what I can in that time.

This round was developed by AAC for an "all call" from the military.

The main idea was that the MP5/SD series is great. Until the bad guys find out you are there and start shooting back. Than you want high impact....

Continued due to shuttle

Old 01-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1337 View Post
Good to know. I will finish my first ar next month. lucky me i get a fat bonus for reenlisting and it will be game time for some new guns. lookin at a .300 black out but cant find ammo for them?
Remington is producing the 300blk round. You can also get the die set and brass for reloading.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:53 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1190 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 1228

Have a safe flight, JD!

Old 01-21-2011, 10:51 PM   #15

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3486 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Thanks Quentin.

So the military wants rifle firepower in a suppressed format that is cheaper than the HK edition, more familiar, and about the same size.

AAC comes out with this new round that is basically a cut down .223/5.56 brass with a .308 bullet in it. Suppressed, it is 3 to 4 inches longer than the HK, but the noise reduction is within 3dB, but at three times the impact of the round!! Talk about crazy awesome....

Problem: everything is being designed for a 9" barrel. That requires NFA stuff for you and me (I.e. - SBR paperwork and a tax stamp)

More to follow.....

Old 01-22-2011, 12:21 AM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Thanks Quentin.

So the military wants rifle firepower in a suppressed format that is cheaper than the HK edition, more familiar, and about the same size.

AAC comes out with this new round that is basically a cut down .223/5.56 brass with a .308 bullet in it. Suppressed, it is 3 to 4 inches longer than the HK, but the noise reduction is within 3dB, but at three times the impact of the round!! Talk about crazy awesome....

Problem: everything is being designed for a 9" barrel. That requires NFA stuff for you and me (I.e. - SBR paperwork and a tax stamp)

More to follow.....
How much are we talkin for the tax stamp on a sbr rifle and a silencer? i want one of these even if i couldnt get a silencer for it!
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 01-22-2011, 01:04 AM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Easily suppressed, reliable, prooven AK power in an AR.

$200 for the tax stamp each for the lower and silencer. Then a few hundred minimum for the silencer and whatever it costs to have an existing lower engraved.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:10 AM   #18
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 472 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Who do you pay for the Tax Stamp? Will the Dealer handle that or is it something done separate? I would like to go suppressed, it would be different from just having a bayonet.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:26 AM   #19

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Who do you pay for the Tax Stamp? Will the Dealer handle that or is it something done separate? I would like to go suppressed, it would be different from just having a bayonet.
The stamp is $200 per item. The stamp to SBR the lower will cost $200. The stamp that allows you to purchase the suppressor will also cost you $200. I do believe the dealer will help you fill out the paperwork. The best part is the 3-4 month wait. The wait is why I havent sent mine off.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
The stamp is $200 per item. The stamp to SBR the lower will cost $200. The stamp that allows you to purchase the suppressor will also cost you $200. I do believe the dealer will help you fill out the paperwork. The best part is the 3-4 month wait. The wait is why I havent sent mine off.
nice im sure you have to do that for every silencer you want in each calibur too. one of these days i will do that maybe once i get outta komiefornia and back to VA i can start on that one.
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Newest Threads