.243 wssm
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > .243 wssm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2012, 04:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default .243 wssm

I apologize, as I have not been very active for a long time. Life sometimes just does not have time for everything, just how it is...

That said, I wanted to share my good luck finally. I found an AR in 243 wssm. It had less than 500 rounds through it. Oly upper, mega machine lower, Alexander Arms adj. trigger. I can not wait to get it out this weekend and shoot it.... : oh, and you all will probably be real upset if you knew the price....

Now, if anyone knows where to buy 5.56 uppers, I would be a happy camper, everyone place I have tried is out of stock.

A true Gentleman always provides covering fire while his lady is reloading. It is only proper.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-21-2012, 05:31 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Any particular brand? BCM (bravo company) has a ton in stock.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:38 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by powell0892 View Post
Any particular brand? BCM (bravo company) has a ton in stock.
No paticular brand... I just want to be able to fully trust it... I have been hearing horror stories about chinese uppers that will not feed any kind of ammo they are so bad.. So am a bit scared by a company I do not know..

I was looking at the 16" CAR kit from RRA, as well, and just have a whole new rifle for about 100.00 more than I paid for the WSSM..

A true Gentleman always provides covering fire while his lady is reloading. It is only proper.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

Old 07-21-2012, 05:58 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntbear View Post
No paticular brand... I just want to be able to fully trust it... I have been hearing horror stories about chinese uppers that will not feed any kind of ammo they are so bad.. So am a bit scared by a company I do not know..

I was looking at the 16" CAR kit from RRA, as well, and just have a whole new rifle for about 100.00 more than I paid for the WSSM..
Check out BCM if you havent already, 499 for a upper and you will find they have a great reputation on here, another one I was recently considering is Yankee Hill upper which have a good rep also.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I certainly will give them a look... I am thinking I need at least one more

Old 07-30-2012, 01:00 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

ok.. am in love with this 243 wssm.... box of 95 gr. Silver BT's shot 1 in. group without even getting serious about it..

I stuck the only scope I had.... (ashamed to say) an OLD Simmons in 6-18x40... it was on one of my older rifles for years...

Still shopping for the 5.56.. am now thinking full on new rifle, since I want to go with a different configuration..