You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

.22 conversion kits damage lowers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 01:45 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post

....there is an adjustable gas tube for 14 bucks on midway.....
This is the only one I could find....but it's $45. It is the same one you referred to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper762
the aquilla 60gr. 22lr subsonics are very acurate in an ar
I will look into those, thanks.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:05 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hi all. So today I ran the CMMG Stainless Evolution .22 conversion kit in my LMT, at a local indoor range and I was pleasantly surprised. The accuracy was as good as it gets, for what it is. Obviously this is not going to be match grade...LOL!!! But I was shooting at those Birch Casey 8" or so round targets at about 40'.....the splatter ones and I was grouping within about 2"-3" and that is standing, no rest and firing fairly fast. But I got inside the round every time, so easy with the zero recoil.

What was great was I did these drills where I would have the gun at the ready, facing ahead of course.....and then swiftly bring it up to the shoulder, acquire the target with the red dot and fire. I did this over and over....almost working out on the red dot, more than anything else. It eventually was becoming instinctual and I loved that I could practice different things...for CHEAP......and when I go out next time with the full size weapon, I will be that much more on top of it. Just firing the weapon is good, even though it's a squib of a load....handling the actual gun and not a regular 10/22 or a polymer .22 AR..... MY gun. Not saying anything derogatory about those guns at all. I'd love a nice set up 10/22 with a 'scope on it and a stainless heavy barrel...... if they make such a thing.

Picked up some snap caps and some Hornady Zombie 5.56 ammo.

Dang my gun is dirty though.....major clean up ahead tonight.

Thanks you guys.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:15 AM   #13

Liked 590 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 536

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumbles View Post
This is the only one I could find....but it's $45. It is the same one you referred to?
I will look into those, thanks.
It is. My memory is selective and ...wishful at times. Is still think its a nice add-on though.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #14

Liked 87 Times on 67 Posts

this remington 597vtr is what you need.....gotta red dot and laser sight on it

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll63/sniper762/GUNS/002.jpg

Old 08-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
It is. My memory is selective and ...wishful at times. Is still think its a nice add-on though.
My LMT has a straight gas tube...this one has the usual bend in it, I may not be able to use it.