1st Build Need Advice - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

1st Build Need Advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 02:47 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowsrt4 View Post
Okay what exactly would this gun im build be called? It has the m4 feed ramps but it doesn't have the m4 style barrel.
Quote:
Well everything is ordered except my stripped lower. There is a gun show this weekend that I might be able to find one there. Im still waiting on my upper from smartgunner...
A mutt, lol. A good quality AR is what Id call it.

You ordered back in Dec.? I think I read 12-08-10, correct? Damn. Something on yours had to be made. I guess they run in batches. One style of HG at a time probably. I think they ran low on BCGs as well. I'm just speculating though.

Can you find good deals at your gun shows? I cant. They are usually filled w/ junk and high prices.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1244 Times on 864 Posts
Likes Given: 1293

Quote:
Well everything is ordered except my stripped lower. There is a gun show this weekend that I might be able to find one there. Im still waiting on my upper from smartgunner...
I thought the Christmas orders had all been shipped by now. Have you got an ETA from SG, Slowsrt4? Looking through the thread it looks like you ordered around 12/30 so we're talking over two months so I'd lean on Tommy a little...

Anyway, definitely get your lower done, I'm sure you'll be getting that long box soon from UPS!
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 03-17-2011, 01:20 PM   #23

Yup ordered on 12/30 at 8:30 am. Tommy usually gets back to me via emails but its been a few days now... ill give him another shot and maybe ill send DD an email aswell.

Anyone know where I cam find a stripped DD lower? I heard they stopped production for a while. There were a few on gunbroker but they were a little out of my price range. If not I'll just got with spikes.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:26 PM   #24

Gun shows around here are over priced as well and usually don't even have very many ar's there. But I might get lucky.

Tommy told me it would probably be 2 weeks feb 15. Then when that two weeks were up he said prolly another two weeks. First it was the rail was the hold up then it was the barrel.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #25

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Yup ordered on 12/30 at 8:30 am. Tommy usually gets back to me via emails but its been a few days now... ill give him another shot and maybe ill send DD an email aswell.

Anyone know where I cam find a stripped DD lower? I heard they stopped production for a while. There were a few on gunbroker but they were a little out of my price range. If not I'll just got with spikes.
You can google it or like you said just go w/ another brand.

Quote:
Gun shows around here are over priced as well and usually don't even have very many ar's there. But I might get lucky.

Tommy told me it would probably be 2 weeks feb 15. Then when that two weeks were up he said prolly another two weeks. First it was the rail was the hold up then it was the barrel.
I think Id be getting a little impatient.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:40 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1244 Times on 864 Posts
Likes Given: 1293

Probably going to be hard to find a DD stripped lower. We had our chance last year during the sale but no more. Well MJ got his.

No doubt DD will sell them again but for now get something else unless you get lucky.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 03-17-2011, 09:03 PM   #27

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Ive done quite a bit of searching for another DD lower and have come up short. I cant even remember how late I was up one night. All I can say is my eyes began to burn and I was completely useless the following day. Can you say obsessive?

Old 03-17-2011, 09:18 PM   #28

Shipping out today. Will be here Monday!

Old 03-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #29

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Oh hell yeah. Thats awesome man. Hurry and get a lower so you can put that thing together. You guys have a nice training group up there from what Ive read.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:45 AM   #30

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

I understand you wanting a DD lower, but there are quite a few lowers out there right now from notable makers at killer prices.

AIM Surplus Home has Spike's for ~$70 and they are of perfect fit/finish. they also carry "Surplus Arms and Ammo" that are of good quality for $60.

These guys: JSE Surplus - Stripped Rifle Receiver have a great selection of quality lowers for good prices. You should be able to find what you want there, but if not and want to go even higher in quality go to: Rainier Arms, LLC™ | Browse | Receivers - Lowers | POF Billet Lower Receiver - GEN II and pick up a nice forging or billet.

Good luck!