$1500 for an AR - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > $1500 for an AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 01:24 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I will be buying an Argyle for myself as soon as I come up with the funds. I bought my pops a cheaper rifle for his birthday (owed him huge), and am going to buy myself an Argyle.

The dude is confident, will answer any questions, and will back up his product. I'm in ASAP.

Old 10-13-2013, 04:03 AM   #22
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3374 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring
Toxarch on here has a friend who ordered one of my 300 Blackout rifles a couple of weeks ago. SpartanTC81 on Facebook and YouTube is taking one of my rifles to put it through the run through's and review it. Should be up online in the next few weeks.

I can guarantee you won't be disappointed in the quality rifles I build.
Argyle: I'm off the Whole "5.56/.223" AR thing,..I have a Mini-14 I just love.
HOWEVER,...I recently got a RRA in 9mm(14.5", I had Prior said 11.5, my mistake) and MY wife is now INSANELY JEALOUS(and all of us Married or Attached Guys know If Momma Ain't happy No one is) and just getting Her "any 22" she wants Ain't working. So I'd like to give you a call this week and talk about a build in 9mm if you do that sort of (I Know) "work" (Looking around like Stewie trying to make sure the wife don't see me typing this-good! she's doing dishes)

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 10-13-2013, 04:05 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
My votes for the RRA. Better trigger than the colt, match quality barrel, Wylde chamber for better accuracy than the milspec chambers, but still can shoot 5.56 NATO with no problems. Great warranty.

Only downside (some people call it a downside anyways. I don't notice the extra weight) is the sucker is built STOUT. Close to 10lbs. But if you aren't humping it 10 miles a day the weight doesn't matter.
Even the "9" version is 9 Lbs!!! Shyt! if I wanted a 9 CARBINE THAT HEAVY I'd have gotten The Beretta CX4 or an OLD Sterling!!!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-13-2013, 04:21 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2448 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
Even the "9" version is 9 Lbs!!! Shyt! if I wanted a 9 CARBINE THAT HEAVY I'd have gotten The Beretta CX4 or an OLD Sterling!!!
Haha! I really don't notice the weight on it. But then again I'm used to the old police shotguns. They're bricks.

My old firearms instructor used to love to grab the nasty Mossberg 500 that he had loaded up with heat shields and other crap on the front end and a tiny cheap 5 point stock on the back end with no recoil pad.

Then he'd jam 3 1/2 magnum buckshot and slugs in there and we'd shoot the "long" version of the POST shotgun course.

"YOU WANNA CARRY A GOD*****ED SCATTERGUN SON! THEN YOU GOTTA FEEL THE POWER! GIVE ME 3 MORE GOD******IT! AND A COMBAT RELOAD!"

:FACEPALM:

It was fun and hillarious. But my shoulder was ALWAYS bruised for a couple days afterwards. Thank God for new range staff who like to use plain old remington 870s and tactical low recoil buckshot.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 10-13-2013 at 04:25 AM.

Old 10-13-2013, 04:30 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

Haha! I really don't notice the weight on it. But then again I'm used to the old police shotguns. They're bricks.

My old firearms instructor used to love to grab the nasty Mossberg 500 that he had loaded up with heat shields and other crap on the front end and a tiny cheap 5 point stock on the back end with no recoil pad.

Then he'd jam 3 1/2 magnum buckshot and slugs in there and we'd shoot the "long" version of the POST shotgun course.

"YOU WANNA CARRY A GOD*****ED SCATTERGUN SON! THEN YOU GOTTA FEEL THE POWER! GIVE ME 3 MORE GOD******IT! AND A COMBAT RELOAD!"

It was fun and hillarious. But my shoulder was ALWAYS bruised for a couple days afterwards. Thank God for new range staff who like to use plain old remington 870s and tactical low recoil buckshot.
Those 500's (and 870's)are golden in the right hands. I'll stick with My Auto's,..I just sold my last 2 870's to my friend this morning,(1100 for both with 150 rds of ammo each) one in 12 & the other was my first,..a 20..

Old 10-13-2013, 04:43 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2448 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
Those 500's (and 870's)are golden in the right hands. I'll stick with My Auto's,..I just sold my last 2 870's to my friend this morning,(1100 for both with 150 rds of ammo each) one in 12 & the other was my first,..a 20..
Give me a 12 with a set of good iron sights and an ammo belt or bandolier and let's go do a breach and dynamic room entry on the gates of hell.

I'd love to own a good auto though.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 10-13-2013, 04:45 AM   #27

Liked 2216 Times on 1523 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post

There is a 14 year old kid in our neighborhood that will shoot anything. When I needed to check the scope on my slug gun I called him. He came through the woods on a 4 wheeler in 15 minutes. The kid had a good time and the shotgun is on target.

Old 10-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #28

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post

There is a 14 year old kid in our neighborhood that will shoot anything. When I needed to check the scope on my slug gun I called him. He came through the woods on a 4 wheeler in 15 minutes. The kid had a good time and the shotgun is on target.
So you want me to shoot you gun and your ammo? I'm in! Sound like a smart kid!
Old 10-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #29

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

I went with the S&W M&P15 Magpul edition, and it was right in your price range, about $1200 after tax.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #30

Liked 250 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
I have $1500 to spend and would like to leave around $300 for ammo. So in the $1200 range what AR would you guys go for built or out the box. Colt LE 6920 M4 carbine is in the lead at the moment. what you guys think?
Since you are talking about spending in the upper range for an AR, I suggest you save a few more bucks and get a Daniel Defense.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin