Zastava M77 Magazines?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Zastava M77 Magazines?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Default Zastava M77 Magazines?

Does anyone know why there are no magazines available for the Zastava M77 in a greater capacity than 10 rounds? This seems like a great gun. I have not purchased one because I want the ability to have at least 20 rounds. I find it odd that there are no after market mags in 20 rounds.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-31-2014, 11:12 AM   #2

Liked 37 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty24 View Post
Does anyone know why there are no magazines available for the Zastava M77 in a greater capacity than 10 rounds? This seems like a great gun. I have not purchased one because I want the ability to have at least 20 rounds. I find it odd that there are no after market mags in 20 rounds.
What variant are you talking about, exactly?

M77(Machinegun 7,62x51N)
M77 B1(Assult rifle, chambered in 7,62x39 and 7,62x51 Nato)
M77 PAP(Civilian variant, sporting semi-auto)

Old 07-31-2014, 01:01 PM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Van_Goth View Post
What variant are you talking about, exactly?

M77(Machinegun 7,62x51N)
M77 B1(Assult rifle, chambered in 7,62x39 and 7,62x51 Nato)
M77 PAP(Civilian variant, sporting semi-auto)
I am not overly familiar with the different versions but I believe I am referring to the PAP in 308. It is commonly seen with the thumbhole stock and a 18-20" barrel.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:32 AM   #4

Liked 27 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Some people have modified M14 magazines with success.

Magazines for the M77's are few and far between right now, I don't think Zastava has really stepped up their production yet.

Old 08-02-2014, 04:32 PM   #5

Liked 37 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
Yes, there are people who increased the prices of Russian AK's because of the trade sanctions against Russia. Yes, there are people who are selling other AK's at increased prices. I'm not one of those people.

You are 100% correct about "not going to stand idly by and allow a bunch of fools to start another weapons shortage". You can jump up and down, pitch a fit, or do nothing at all, but you have absolutely no control whatsoever over whether or not people decide to buy and sell AK's at increased or decreased prices.

Who here claimed to be an expert on anything? Can you point to a post in this thread where someone claimed to be an expert on anything or did all of that happen in your head? Do all you can to have the thread deleted, it just proves that you lack enough self-control to tolerate reading opinions, which you are under no obligation to do, that differ from your own opinion on the matter.

I purchased one SAIGA 12 before all of this crap happened because I wanted a magazine fed shotgun… Because stuffing another magazine in the gun is less irritating than stuffing 7 to 9 rounds in one at a time.

The only AK's I've ever purchased have been Bulgarian or second hand Chinese. I've never purchased a Russian AK and after what the Russians did in Ukraine I never will.

I believe that domestic manufacturers are very close to producing a genuine 100% American made AK that will be just as good as any foreign AK. I'm still waiting for those to become available. Once genuine domestic AK's are available, I have no reason to purchase a foreign made AK.
I think you're right.The M77 is pretty uncommon.Anyway....I can talk to them and ask for some info concerning the importers.