Yugo Underfolder - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion >

Yugo Underfolder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2014, 01:11 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCalig View Post
True...but we are still talking about some modifications to the grenade launcher.It would look like this
Yugo Underfolder - AK & SKS Discussion

Midwest industries link(Upper and lower handguards)
http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID= 1029

Hogue
http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=21

It is on the bottom of the page:http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=21
I like the way that forend looks on your rifle. That is what I would like to do to my Yugo.

Nothing fancy just something practical, so I can mount a light and a red dot sight. Maybe even a pistol grip.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:29 AM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Wow sounds like an impressing rifle, and a really nice set up. Do you know if the barrel is threaded so that I can replace the muzzle device?

One Shot One Kill

Old 04-23-2014, 09:44 AM   #23

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by screach View Post
Wow sounds like an impressing rifle, and a really nice set up. Do you know if the barrel is threaded so that I can replace the muzzle device?

One Shot One Kill
It is a Yugo,...the barrel is threaded.One of the advantage of the Yugo(and many other AKM derivarivatives) has a threaded barrel...it is actually possible to change the muzzle device(you can simply push the pin on the front sight and unscrew the muzzle device/replace with a new one...it doesn't take more than 1 min).

Old 04-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Awesome! Thank you both for your help, I will definitely post pics when I pick mine up this weekend. Looking forward to it. Thanks again!

One Shot One Kill

Old 04-23-2014, 03:36 PM   #25

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by screach View Post
Awesome! Thank you both for your help, I will definitely post pics when I pick mine up this weekend. Looking forward to it. Thanks again!

One Shot One Kill
You're welcome!
Let me add just some recommendations(!!!Always inspect the rifle before the purchase(if possible)!!!)

Since it is an AK and an underfolder
1)Bring some dummy ammo with you.You will use it to manually cycle the rifle to see if anything is alright(Misfeeding, etc).If you don't have it, buy it at your gun store.
2)Once you're in the gun store and you have the rifle in your hands, ask the owner/clerk if he minds if you disassemble it(It is not always possible).
3)Check the following.
-If the top cover fits well.Check if the sights are ok(Especially the night sights that can be folded(Rear and front iron sights).
-Check the amount of play of the bolt carrier.Its is normal that an AK rifle has some play, but we're talking about a Yugo one-It is a "tighter" version of the AKM rifle.There must not be much play.
-Check if the trigger group and the safety work well.The safety lever must not be too tight.You must be able to engage/disengage it with 1, max 2 fingers(The yugo are somehow "tighter" then any other AK rifle, but the safety must not be too much).The disconnector must release the hammer properly and the hammer must go straight backwards, not under an oblique angle(I've seen some bad builds).
-The gas tube must be removed with ease.Yugo AKs are notoriously known for been REALLY tight-The gas tube must fit well,but the gas tube lock MUST NOT BE (TOO) TIGHT!You must be able to lock/unlock it with no tools(with your bare hands)
-Check the lower handguard-It must not "wubble"/!The LH must be solidly attached to the rifle.
-Check the mag port.Rock some mags(clips) into the rifle and release them.Try with 4 or 5 different mags(Usually the M70 comes with 4 mags).Try with the yugo first then, if possible, the romanian and the russian ones.The mags should wubble a little bit, but they should stay in place(Not falling or get stuck in the rifle) and be interchangeable.Actually, the yugo ones should fit almost perfectly, the Russian and the romanian should wubble a little more(They were not made for that rifle!).Anyway...Yugo mags are the best and well known for their quality.
-Now...take a mag and place the dummy ammo in it.Put the mag into the rifle and rapidly manually cycle it.It must not be too hard to cock it.If the mag fits well and there is no apparent mulfunction(Missfeeding, double feed, etc.) then you're good to go, the rifle is ok.
-Check the buttstock.The underfolders don't have a rock-solid, ultra-stable stock.But it doesn't mean that the buttstock has to move in all direction and fold unexpectedly(completely or partially).The tighter it is the better(Actually it must not be too tight or to loose-You have to unfold it quickly and fold it without forcing it).

Last edited by MCalig; 04-23-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:03 PM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Yugo Underfolder

Alright well I'll see if I will be able to do it. A buddy of mine owns a gun store, and said he's got one. Not sure if it an m70ab2, but if it is I will do as you suggested. If the ak my friend has is not the m70, I may just buy one online. I found one in stock for $550, with 2 mags and the launcher set up. So I'll let you guys know what goes on.

One more question I'm thinking of buying some of the new magpul ak47 mags. Does anyone have any experience with those? Thanks again guys!

One Shot One Kill

Last edited by screach; 04-24-2014 at 12:26 PM.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:39 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Looking for a larger grip for my Yugo as well.. What does anyone use or found that is a more comfortable handgrip?

Old 05-08-2014, 04:02 AM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Magpul ak47 grip. That's what I'm gonna throw on mine. I'll let you know if it fits on the yugo, it should.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 05-10-2014, 09:14 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks. This is the part I hate about living in the sticks. I have to buy everything to try it. And I have collected a lot of stuff over the past 30yrs