Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   yugo sks jamming (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/yugo-sks-jamming-81059/)

jtwaddle 01-12-2013 02:56 AM

yugo sks jamming
 
New to the group.

I have a yugo sks that will only fire one round and will not eject. I have replaced the gas tube and rod, and operating rod.:mad: and the brass is stuck. Any suggestion?

Thanks
Joel

robertb6112 01-12-2013 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtwaddle
New to the group.

I have a yugo sks that will only fire one round and will not eject. I have replaced the gas tube and rod, and operating rod.:mad: and the brass is stuck. Any suggestion?

Thanks
Joel

Is it on single fire? There's a switch on it that makes it single fire. It suppose to be used for the grenade launcher.

Rick1967 01-12-2013 04:06 AM

Are you saying that there is an empty case stuck in the chamber? If so, a cleaning rod and a block of wood to tap on it will probably knock it loose.

zaitsev44 01-12-2013 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertb6112

Is it on single fire? There's a switch on it that makes it single fire. It suppose to be used for the grenade launcher.

I second that, just push down and slide right and you should be set

jtwaddle 01-12-2013 11:26 AM

Were is this switch? I have a russian to, that has never had a problem. Feeling like a noob again! Rick1967, yes that is what I have to do after every rnd.

mountainman13 01-12-2013 12:04 PM

Will it eject unfired rounds?

c3shooter 01-12-2013 12:48 PM

The Yugo is different from the oher SKS variants because it has a grenade launcher. When using the grenade laucnher, a special blank cartridge launches the grenade. The Yugo has a valve that turns off the gas to operate the rifle in semi when launching the grenades, Valve goes bad for wear/corrosion, leaks, rifle does not cycle in semi- OR- you have the valve in the single shot mode.

See video-

jtwaddle 01-12-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13 (Post 1090427)
Will it eject unfired rounds?

Not sure. Will have an update after this weekend.

zaitsev44 01-12-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtwaddle
Were is this switch? I have a russian to, that has never had a problem. Feeling like a noob again! Rick1967, yes that is what I have to do after every rnd.

It's where the flip up sights are when they're down, when the switch is on to the right then it should keep the flip up sights from flipping up when it's on the left position then the sights should come up and lock into place. It's 3-4 in. from the muzzle.

jtwaddle 02-05-2013 08:03 PM

just replaced the old gas value with a murray gas locking value. The old one had a bunch of little divets on it. Here's hoping!


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:48 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.