yugo sks gas chamber settings

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > yugo sks gas chamber settings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 02:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default yugo sks gas chamber settings

I just acquired an Yugo SKS that has the grenade launcher on it. I am planning on purchasing a golf ball end for it. I know that you move the gas chamber selector to the downward position for regular shooting, but do I move it just up for grenades? or do I move it up and then back? with the gas piston in I cant move it backwards and without the gas piston it it will but then the pin falls out so I am assuming you just move the selector up to the 12 o'clock position for grenades and then down ward to the 4 o'clock for live ammo?? is this correct?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-01-2008, 04:19 AM   #2

Yep. That's correct.

Old 05-03-2008, 02:48 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman49450 View Post
I just acquired an Yugo SKS that has the grenade launcher on it. I am planning on purchasing a golf ball end for it. I know that you move the gas chamber selector to the downward position for regular shooting, but do I move it just up for grenades? or do I move it up and then back? with the gas piston in I cant move it backwards and without the gas piston it it will but then the pin falls out so I am assuming you just move the selector up to the 12 o'clock position for grenades and then down ward to the 4 o'clock for live ammo?? is this correct?
That's correct. In the 12 o'clock position it prevents gas bleed-off so youget maximum gas pressure directed at launching the grenade. Don't forget to use blanks..lol

PS - Where can you get a grenade launching adaptor? I've been looking for dummy grenades to lob around...
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 05-03-2008, 02:52 AM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman49450 View Post
That's correct. In the 12 o'clock position it prevents gas bleed-off so youget maximum gas pressure directed at launching the grenade. Don't forget to use blanks..lol

P.S - I've been told that when firing grenades you don't want to "shoulder" the weapon!

PPS - Where can you get a grenade launching adaptor? I've been looking for dummy grenades to lob around...
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 05-04-2008, 01:08 AM   #5

you can get one here. I've seen other websites as well. http://www.laxin.net/Launcher/

Old 05-06-2008, 10:08 PM   #6

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

10-4 man they're right. Don't forget to switch it back though, the first time I fired my grenade, i forgot to switch it back and i thought my rifle was missed up cause it wasn't reloading. Figured it out pretty quick though. Oh by the way, if you're gonna shot your dummy grenade in a big field, tie a piece of orange sting to the tail, so you can find it again. Took me a month to find me.