Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   YUGO M72 RPK New Bolt...where can I buy a new one? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/yugo-m72-rpk-new-bolt-where-can-i-buy-new-one-19817/)

ARnoob 11-05-2009 03:35 PM

YUGO M72 RPK New Bolt...where can I buy a new one?

I need to replace the bolt on my YUGO M72 RPK and want to find a good price. I know that Apex has them for $35, but I'd like to find a better deal. Thanks for your help!

matt g 11-05-2009 04:02 PM

$35 sounds pretty cheap. Does head space/timing need to be adjusted for the new bolt?

ARnoob 11-05-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt g (Post 182712)
$35 sounds pretty cheap. Does head space/timing need to be adjusted for the new bolt?

You know, that's a good question. I'm not sure if the head space/timing needs to be adjusted for the new bolt. The old one is pitted, and I'd like to replace it. How do I find out if that's necessary?

Thanks.

matt g 11-05-2009 05:48 PM

I have no idea.

ARnoob 11-05-2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt g (Post 182758)
I have no idea.

I asked around and someone else said that any time you use a new bolt, that it should be checked for head space issues with that rifle's receiver. I just ordered it from Apex, so I guess I'll just find out later.

Thanks for your help. :)

matt g 11-05-2009 06:58 PM

Sorry I couldn't have helped out more.

ARnoob 11-05-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt g (Post 182795)
Sorry I couldn't have helped out more.

Matt, I appreciate your help. I had an HK94 clone and there always seems to be a concern with the head spacing on those locking roller rifles. I always thought that AK's were the easiest to maintain and replace parts for. I get a queasy feeling when I hear about head spacing, but maybe I'm just being paranoid.

1BIGGUN 11-25-2009 12:20 AM

you definatly need to check head space when you replace the bolt. it may be ok but chances are it will be off. there are several ways to adjust it. if its to loose the barrel can be pressed back (on a stamped reciver) and a oversize barrel pin hole and pin can be used. if its slightly tight you can frmove material from the bolt face or the lugs or push the barrel forward and use a over size pin and hole.

you absolutly need to check it however.

ARnoob 12-03-2009 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BIGGUN (Post 190342)
you definatly need to check head space when you replace the bolt. it may be ok but chances are it will be off. there are several ways to adjust it. if its to loose the barrel can be pressed back (on a stamped reciver) and a oversize barrel pin hole and pin can be used. if its slightly tight you can frmove material from the bolt face or the lugs or push the barrel forward and use a over size pin and hole.

you absolutly need to check it however.

Cool. Thanks!