Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Yugo ak parts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Default Yugo ak parts

Looking for for tritium night sight replacement vials. Anyone know where I can get them and how hard they'd b to replace myself? Also seeing what you guys would recommend for a nice cheek rest to put on the underfolder stock. Recoil buffers worth buying? Also seen a 10" barrel in the sportsmans guild and considering having the gun registered as a sbr with the ATF. Opinions, input?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-27-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1455 Times on 1016 Posts
Likes Given: 731

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post
Looking for for tritium night sight replacement vials. Anyone know where I can get them and how hard they'd b to replace myself? Also seeing what you guys would recommend for a nice cheek rest to put on the underfolder stock. Recoil buffers worth buying? Also seen a 10" barrel in the sportsmans guild and considering having the gun registered as a sbr with the ATF. Opinions, input?
A 10" barrel will be a blast, pun intended. You will gain nothing except the initial excitement. You will be able to light up your hunting trail at night should you ever get lost. You will go through the hassle of fingerprinting and clearance by local LE, $200 on a fed stamp, and an estimated 8 months on waiting for your purchase to materialize. (You didn't state the caliber, I assume its 7.62 soviet). It will be also loud as heck.

For recoil, consider a Shoulderpads butt sock. It is a gel padded condom but looks professional in black, and is adjustable for thickness. About $20.

Last edited by Mercator; 10-27-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #3

Liked 1974 Times on 1172 Posts
Likes Given: 423

In addition to the registration cost, going the route of installing a new barrel, you add the expense of the new barrel and possibly a piston, and finding someone to press out your old barrel and press in, headspace and pin the new barrel.

Easier to buy one of the 10" barreled pistols, register it, and then add a folder to it. And I'd go side folder.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #4

Biggest thing I'm wanting to do is get the night sights glowing again. That's my top priority with this rifle and I can't find anything on the Internet about replacements. The recoil buffer I was talking about goes between the recoil spring and it furthest rearward mount to the gun.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:31 PM   #5

I have only heard of jams starting after installing those buffers. I'm nog familiar with the Yugo night sights. I have some clamp on E. German night sights but they just have glow paint on them. So you would hit them with a light to get them glowing. I've heard of irridium painted sights as well and they glow without being hit with a light, until they burn out. Can't get irridium paint though, cause its radioactive and caused cancer for a lot of the folks who used to paint it on dials, gauges, and sights.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc
I have only heard of jams starting after installing those buffers. I'm nog familiar with the Yugo night sights. I have some clamp on E. German night sights but they just have glow paint on them. So you would hit them with a light to get them glowing. I've heard of irridium painted sights as well and they glow without being hit with a light, until they burn out. Can't get irridium paint though, cause its radioactive and caused cancer for a lot of the folks who used to paint it on dials, gauges, and sights.
Yeah, I think the yugo's were the only ones that got the tritium vial flip up night sights

Old 10-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #7

I'd really appreciate some help with finding some vial replacements. Can't find them anywhere

Old 10-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #8

Trijicon will do their own sights for around $60. Trutium is regulated in the US because it is radioactive, so I don't know that they would just send you vials of it. You could contact them and see if they would be willing to instal new vials in your sights if you sent them in.

Someone on another forum suggested this place as an option for tritium vial replacement:

Innovative Weaponry Inc/ Miniature Machine Corp
7770 S Duneville Suite 10
Las Vegas, NV 89139
Phone: 702-267-9457

Old 10-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc
Trijicon will do their own sights for around $60. Trutium is regulated in the US because it is radioactive, so I don't know that they would just send you vials of it. You could contact them and see if they would be willing to instal new vials in your sights if you sent them in.

Someone on another forum suggested this place as an option for tritium vial replacement:

Innovative Weaponry Inc/ Miniature Machine Corp
7770 S Duneville Suite 10
Las Vegas, NV 89139
Phone: 702-267-9457
Guess I'll call trijicon and see if they'd do my sights. Tried looking up that company and couldn't find much. If it was their website I found, it wouldn't load

Old 10-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #10

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts

Meprolight offers a set of night sights for the AK, not sure of theyd fit a Yugo or not tho. Direct replacement on some tho. About $120 i think for the front post and rear ladder.
Trijicon also offers a set but alot higher price.
Just throwing out other options.