yugo ak missing?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > yugo ak missing?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 12:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default yugo ak missing?

I ordered a century arms yugo m70 at my local gun shop about 7 weeks ago. When I ordered it, the guy told me it would take 6 weeks to get here. So I called up to see if they knew the status on where my gun might be, and the guy told me it might be another month or two before I see my gun. And even then he said he couldn't guarentee it'd be that soon. He told me CIA is having trouble finding yugo parts kits and cannot give an exact date on when the gun will get to me, if ever.

I like the wasr10 underfolding model but I've heard mixed reviews, and the yugo seems perfect for me. I don't know if I should just wait it out for an unpromissed yugo, or go ahead and just opt for the wasr10 underfolder.

If anybody knows anything about century arms and when they will find more parts kits please let me know.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-23-2011, 02:19 AM   #2

Wasr10 are not bad if you know what to look for. Mine has never had any issue with mag wobble or any of the other issues associated with wasr's, it's performed wonderfully without any malfunctions what so ever. I know some people wouldn't touch the dang things but if you give it a shot and inspect your purchase carefully you will more than be satisfied.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:46 AM   #3

I had a Yugo underfolder, and while it was a decent rifle, I did not like the underfolder configuration. It was uncomfortable to shoot and darn near impossible to get a cheek weld. Plus, like every other folding stock I've ever used, it wasn't stable in either the folded or extended position, and was cumbersome to try and change. If you're planning on shooting the rifle much at all, I would look into a standard configuration, or at least try to get your hands on one so you can see how it feels before you lay down your hard earned cash. When I ordered mine I was all excited because I thought it was gonna be awesome, but once I got it and shot it some, while the rifle was nice, the stock made the whole thing a huge disappointment. Needless to say, I sold it.

If I was gonna buy another AK in the near future, it would be this one:

M10-762 Semi-Auto AK Style Rifle 7.62x39 $499.00 SHIPS FREE

Just my .02

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 09-23-2011, 08:27 PM   #4

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

IIRC, the original AKs with folding stocks were procured for

Combloc paratroopers, and soldiers for wooded areas or urban environments,

where the extra length of the stock would sometimes get

in the way, for rapid point and fire.

While they look great, and seem like a good idea prior to

purchase, many experienced users aren't so happy with

them.

I want one, but I'm going to be patient and get one

later, used, as the opportunity arises, to get a deal.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:57 PM   #5

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 730

I really like the Wasr2 5.45x39. It is small, compact, and Very accurate for an AK.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:49 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have a Yugo underfolder and love it. I thought the stock would be uncomfortable, but to me it is ok. I have an AR 15 too, but I prefer to shoot the Yugo. It has become my favorite "fun" gun.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:03 AM   #7

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The Yugos have been hit/miss over the past 24months. Century doen't even have them in their current lineup.

They are/were always dependent on the availability of good and re-furb-able Yugo parts sets. Sooner or later the supply would end.

Some were delivered with the max Yugo (foreign) parts that 922 would allow, while others had more US parts to make up for missing bits. Some had Yugo surplus wood, many had US polymer furniture. Some were even sent out without cleaning rods, while others were built up on non-reinforced recvrs and no grenade-launching sights.

The fixed-stock M70AB1s seemed to vanish first. They are actually now the more desirable of the Yugos - look for one on Gunbrokeya.

Or consider this:
Century International Arms

These are the "Polish 1960 milled" AKs; Euro AK parts sets built on a real milled rcvr. The earliest ones were mostly Polski parts, now - like the Yugos - they have become mutt-guns dependent upon parts availability.

The ones I fondled were sweet and I have read nothing but praise about them from everyone who owns them.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #8

I know its been a while since I posted, I went back the 24th of September and they are a lot more helpful when your actually at the store. On September 24th the guy who sold me the rifle looked it up and he told me century is just waiting on barrels for these guns, so I kept my order. He told me he couldn't see it being another month before it got here. Well its now the 28th of October and I haven't heard anything from them, Ill give it another 2 weeks and then Ill go up there again to see what the heck is going on.

thanks for all your opinions guys

Old 10-28-2011, 09:36 PM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by max245 View Post
I know its been a while since I posted, I went back the 24th of September and they are a lot more helpful when your actually at the store. On September 24th the guy who sold me the rifle looked it up and he told me century is just waiting on barrels for these guns, so I kept my order. He told me he couldn't see it being another month before it got here. Well its now the 28th of October and I haven't heard anything from them, Ill give it another 2 weeks and then Ill go up there again to see what the heck is going on.

Should have ordered from Classic Arms. Gun shops always take longer than necessary.

Old 10-29-2011, 04:43 PM   #10

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by max245 View Post
<snip>then Ill go up there again to see what the heck is going on.

I'd bet you missed the boat on the $500.00 Yugos from Century - they don't list them anymore.

Get one from Classic - you'll pay a lot more but you get more in that they are selling M70AB2 builds from virgin Yugo parts sets, as opposed to what Century did using re-furbed Yugo parts sets.

Century's Yugos are generally sweet - but at least with Classic you get the "factor freshness" factor going for you.